We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

melia hotel

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
melia hotel

Hi, can anyone tell me what the melia hotel is like in July? Is the pool ok with plenty of sunbeds etc. Are the rooms ok? and does the air con work?

cheers

patrick

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: melia hotel

Hiya Patrick

I was in this hotel about a year and a half ago, dont know what it would be like in July but I thought that it was great,. The rooms were lovely, the food was amazing and the pools had plenty of beds etc. It's a good location too, just up the road from the indoor market, so nice and quiet but not far from the main part.

In the evening there is a piano player in the lounge beside reception with soft lights, we were a bit too young to sit and listen to it all night but it was nice while we hade a wee ciggie after dinner.

I thought that this definately deserved it's 4 stars.

Lorraine

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,489 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: melia hotel

do gents have to wear long trousers for evening meal, at this hotel

thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,489 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: melia hotel

sorry meant to say long sleeved shirts.

I read this on a site, long pants are not a problem for hubby but long sleeved shirt in summer is a bit much.

Benidorm, Spain
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: melia hotel

hotel is lovely, one of best pool complexes in benidorm, good size rooms and bathrooms, clean and spacious. very pleasant reception area.

good quality breakfast with lots of choice.

also lots of bars and restaurants in the area, cheap beer and good caberet... you have made a good choice, have a good holiday x

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: melia hotel

I have also been looking for this hotel for the beggining of July, its coming up about £320 for 4 nites for 2 adults half board. Is this about the right price for this hotel and would you suggest booking now or waiting nearer the time. Thanks

derbyshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: melia hotel

Hi patrick, i went on a hen weekend in June and it was really busy. its the most gorgeous hotel i have ever stayed in and i loved everything about it. the pools are fantastic and yes there are plenty of sunbeds but we found that if you don't lay towels down early enough then you'll have to lie down on the grass and sunbathe. It didn't really bother us to be honest. The food is absolutely amazing and the rooms are lovely and the air conditioning was fantastic. you can set it to whatever temperature you want. the drinks there are extremely expensive. i like jack daniels and coke and it cost me 14 euros. i know it's an expensive drink but i thought that was over the top. there is however a supermarket right across the road and after that we all just walked over and bought drink from there when we were staying in the hotel. I'm actually going to benidorm this weekend. unfortunately not in this hotel but i have booked my mum and dad in there for 1 night as a gift for their anniversary as i think it's the best hotel in costa blanca by a mile! all in all i love this hotel and i would recommend it! Hope this has helped! Kirsty

edinburgh
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: melia hotel

hi patrick, we have stayed in the melia twice, good choice, air con was fine, enough beds but some times you are on the grass away from the poop. we were never told to wear long sleeves, have a great time, daz.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: melia hotel

forget the poop, itshould read pool.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,489 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: melia hotel

thanks for those replies

looks like it is this hotel for us then

what is the weather like end of june?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: melia hotel

So do you have to wear trousers for dinner? Are jeans ok?

Get answers to your questions about Benidorm