We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire from Airport

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
246 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire from Airport

Hi All

We need car hire from the airport to Moraira for 2 weeks in June. Getting sick of looking at all the different companies and the small print.

Has anyone used Lara cars please?

Also does anyone know much about Record? Do they take you off site to their office or what?

We are arriving Saturday lunch time and need two cars. Will have two small children so don't particularly want to be waiting in a line for ages.

Other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks, Jean

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire from Airport

Never used Lara cars but we have used "Record" rent a car many times. Not sure of the set up at the new terminal but I'm sure someone will know exactly how they operate. I do remember the long queues at most car hire desks and as you say they are a pain when you have little ones with you.

We always found Record great and never had any problems hiring from them over the years.

Annie

Birmingham, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire from Airport

We used Lara Cars for our recent holiday in Javea and the service was fantastic. We had a nearly brand new (less than 1k) Seat Altea, even the kids seats were of comparable quality to what you'd use at home rather than the usual rubbish you get with Spanish hire company's. The price for 14 days was just over £400 which included everything - full ins, car seats, extra driver, etc

I would definitely use them again

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire from Airport

Thank you Annie.

I am the OP and we used Record as you recommended. We were very pleased with the car which was a Fiesta with less than 2500km on the clock. If you pay €10 extra on booking you can get priority at the desk and jump to the front of the queue. We paid £322 for 14 days which included a full tank of petrol and an extra driver. We didn't pay for insurance for the tyres/underside/windows etc. We would definitely use them again. The drop off service was good as well.

The thing which really sticks in the throat is the full tank of petrol scam. It cost €80 for a fiesta! Luckily we were doing quite a bit of moving aroundand used it up, but my daughter had a larger diesel car and they only used half the fuel as they stayed in Moraira with the children. seems like they all do this in Spain and you have no choice in the matter. In Greece it's much more relaxed you just return the car with the same amount of petrol as when you pick it up.

Jean

Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire from Airport

Holaaaaaaaaa Jean,

Glad you got your car hire sorted. I agree it is a pain when they have these fuel rules. You feel you have to use it all to justify the cost....Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Annie

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire from Airport

We did. Had a lovely time thanks. Great resort and lovely food. Cheap to eat out too. We hope to return in the future.

Thanks for your help, Jean

6. Re: Car hire from Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations