We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy and scenic trek out of Calpe

FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
895 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Easy and scenic trek out of Calpe

I am considering a 7 day stay in Calpe and I am weighing different options for leaving Spain and going back to Chicago. I see there is a flight from Alicante to Madrid to O'hare, but there is not a frequent flyer seat available on it. A train ride to Barcelona might also be fun and of course Barcelona is scenic. Is there a train faster than the 4 hour journey I found? I prefer Barcelona to Madrid because I have already spent more time in Madrid. Most of the other flight options from Alicante have stops (some of them overnight- not so fun to be that sleepless!) in London, Dusseldorf, etc. I did find a flight from nearby Murcia but again there were no FF seats on it. Is there some obvious solution that someone more local would see? Thanks so much!

Mentioned in this post
Calpe
Calpe
Costa Blanca, Spain
Spain
Spain
Europe
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
London
London
England, UK
Dusseldorf
Dusseldorf
North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Murcia
Murcia
Region of Murcia, Spain
Mirador Monte Toix
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Calas de Calpe
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Promenade of Calpe
Piers & Boardwalks, Beaches, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Calpe
Level Contributor
789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy and scenic trek out of Calpe

Hi Florida...I have friends who travel back and to to America fairly frequently and they always start their journey from Valencia airport...have you looked at this option?

Annie

Edited: 21 April 2013, 21:13
FLORIDA1
Level Contributor
895 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy and scenic trek out of Calpe

Hi, thanks. I did take a look at Valencia. Recently I have been thinking it would be great to visit Barcelona even if it's less convenient to fly out of there. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
3. Re: Easy and scenic trek out of Calpe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations