We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calpe (for teenagers)

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Calpe (for teenagers)

I've looked around at some of the posts, but I wouldn't mind an opinion on what there is to do in Calpe for 18 year olds. I am already organising a trip to Aqualandia but would like to know if there is much nightlife or many shops, or any other attractions for people of my age group. Good (affordable) restaurant recommendations, and advice on beaches would be very much appreciated. Thanx

UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Apart from the super beaches there isn't that much for 18yr olds to doo, there are two "club" type bars on the playa de la fossa beach prom that stay open till 5ish. There is also a club called COMIX just out of town (never been) so can't comment.

There are plenty of very good restaurants offering great value menu del dia usually about 8-10€ for two or three courses inc wine or beer, just wander around and check out which menus you fancy.

Shopping is okay but not up to UK high street by a mile.

Try Calpe first and if you aren't impressed jump on the bus to Benidorm for nightlife.

london, england
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

In my opinion the nicest beach is Levante beach on the west side of ifach.

If possible going to the medieval night which is situated just off the main road between Calpe and Benidorm in a town called Alfaz Del Pi is worth a look. Its very fun and in the price you get dinner and all the sangria/beer or orange juice you can drink.

The nightlife isn't the greatest but there is a karaoke bar called La Copa in the town centre which gets very busy in the summer months with the English and Spanish which is quite a good laugh and the owners Mark and Dave are great.

As for restaurants, you are spoilt for choice. Antica Roma is a favourite with locals and tourists with the extremely cheap pizza and pasta in a lovely quite posh looking restaurant, definately worth going to. The steak House round the corner has the most beatiful steak ever, if you want lighter food Chiringuitos on the beach towards the bottom of the Gabriel Miro (the main road running through the town) does great tapas, bocadillos (baguettes) etc

Hope this helps

leeds
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Well i use to live in spain right next to Aqualandia and no there is no bars around but i do know that there is a bar in the childrens part and there is a restaurant...: go through the entrance and go straight on to the right .and there it will be.hope this is good information and good luck.

Wales
Level Contributor
203 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Not too much in Calpe for 18 year olds, but dont forget to go to Terra Mitica theme park above Benidorm, a great theme park and has never been too crowded all the times we have been there. Look out for discount vouchers in the bars and hotels as these can give a saving of up to 10 euro off the entrance price.

There are rides as good as any in the big theme parks in the Uk there.

Midlands
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Hi.. im 17 and ive been going to calpe every year since i was about 10.. and even though there arent many places to choose from to go at night... the ones that are there are so much fun! ... taricks bar is a good laugh to start of the night.. then if you want a cheesy good time.. go to la copa, its a kareoke bar, and great atmosphere. but if you want clubs.. the main one in calpe is called comix... there are a lot of spanish there.... and it is such fun for a night out with mates.. or even a night out tryin to make mates! hope this has helped xxx

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Does any one know how much it would be to get a taxi from alicante airport to calpe at all? Plus if thee is anywhere in calpe where I can buy some flowers at all? Thanks Warren

Calpe, Alicante...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

70 euros

Calpe
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Go check out http://www.infocalpe.com there you can see where everything is from, garden centers to nightclubs, bars, strip clubs, taxi's and much more... and the main clubs in calpe are:

- Camaleon (Good spanish Nightclub always alot of people and good theme's like, dancers, or beerfiesta etc..)

- Comix (Very nice inside and outside, exotic theme and always good music)

- Vora vora ( Is good but nothing special)

devon
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

Hiya,

We have just come back from two weeks in calpe, my daughter and her friend who are both 17 had a great time, just going to the front, into the bars drinking cocktails etc, they did go to comix, however it is only open thurs, fri and sat and doesnt really get going until about 2.....

A couple of nights we caught either the train or bus into Benidorm, which they liked, and got a taxi home, this cost about 40 euros, but we were staying the other side of the Rock so to speak.

As for the beach, I would say the nicest by far is the beach by the port, its quite small but nice, and it has loads of restuarants to choose from.

Also from the port, you could do a boat trip to benidorm, it costs 20 euros and you are in Benidorm for most of the day, it takes you all around the coast and that leaves at 10 and the return journey is at 6pm , but you could stay and make your own way back. The port in Benidorm is also by the old town which has lots of shops etc.

Hope this helps :-)

ireland
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Calpe (for teenagers)

The La Copa bar in town centre. Is this in the old part of town?

Get answers to your questions about Calpe
Recent Conversations