We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Which Torrevieja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Can anyone recommend any good bars/restuarants in the playa flamenca area. Staying near Jardin 1.

Also, is this a good area for staying in.

scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Celtic Drop in the Playa Flamenca commercial centre is a good bar with entertainment on most nites. There are also some good restuarants in the centre. It depends what u want when staying in the area. It is a good mix of residential and tourist so not too busy. There are excellent beaches at playa flamenca/la zenia which are blue flag and a walk - way joining them has just been finished. The go-karts are 5 mins walk and during the summer kids shows like the circus and monster trucks appear. There is also an excellent market on saturdays.

Tyne & Wear
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Hi,

I would also like to know as much information as possible about the area of Playa Flamenca, as my family and I are in the process of buying property there. We are hoping to sign the paperwork on 2nd April. We are sooooooooo excited, only visited the area once and loved it straight away, and would like to know alot more about it. If you have been to Playa Flamenca or know anyone who has I would very much appreciate it if you would reply telling me everything you know. Cheers, Julie

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Playa flamenca is nice; it is mainly British and Irish and a mix of 40% residents & 60% Holiday home people.

The commercial centre is pretty good its been ok for about 6 years and is about full with bars restaurants, little expat shops, there is a post room all sorts.

I know it probably the last thing you will want to eat in Spain and that’s fish and chips but Spud Murphy’s has to be the best chippy I have been to and well worth a try. There is a Asian restaurant just above the Temple bar and its very good, I went at Christmas and was pleased it wasn’t the usual Chinese they serve in Spain.

I would in my opinion stay clear of food in the Rose and Crown, I had a family member work there and trust me on this if I was to say someone found something with 6 legs and could survive a nuclear attack in a dinner and still the place was not fumigated, the drinks are cool just I would not eat there.

The beach at La Zenia is great but dangerous; there is a strong under current so if you have young 'ens please take care. The best beach in the area I have visited is between Guadamar & La Mata, its a beautiful walk and has everything you need and isn’t jam packed, but a car is essential.

Jardin 1 is fine and good pretty close to everything if my memory serves correct, I used to live in the area and still visit family 4 or 5 times a year.

If you are hiring a car its well worth a run to Orhuela & Murica both are very beautiful towns, Murcia in the summer gets very very hot during the day. Also Benidorm is only an hour and fifteen minutes drive with Terra mitica and its water park and Guadalest which is the a small village built into a hill - very relaxing.

Not forgetting Torrevieja, the town has grown rapidly over the past 15 years and is now a city. The sea front is great to walk along and people watch there isn’t that much to do there and it does at first glace look run down, but most people are nice and you might get a bargain in the toda shops.

Any questions drop me a line.

Tyne & Wear
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

GREAT!! Thanks very much for your reply, you've been extremely informative. Cheers, Julie

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
308 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

I forgot to mention in Torrevieja there is a naval submarine which is admission free (as most museums are in Spain) and well worth the experience, we did it and the guild was very patent with us and translated after Spanish, if you go make sure you get there early as it gets very busy in the summer and waiting in 30+ heat for hours isn’t a great experience.

In my opinion the best restaurant for day time snacks is what we call the blue bar as we always forget the name, where the fountains are on the front and you look with you back to the see is on the left with a bank on the opposite side of the road, the serve nice food and the staff are very pleasant, pretty good for evening meals as well.

Also the Habaneras shopping centre is pretty good, it has three floors and is open air and has the likes of Zara, H&M and many more, I recommend the café with the open front, very Spanish. Some of the staff in the shops have no time for tourists as their attitudes suggest in my experience. It’s next to Carrefour which is also a good wonder around but is more expensive than other supermarkets – more like a tourist supermarket, but with everything from cement mixers to bikes it’s pretty cool.

northern ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

hello there i was wondering do you know where andalus 1 is in playa flamenca as we r goin now in september and we r two families one is stayin at montilla apartments and the other at andalus 1 apartments do you know the distance between these apartments.thanks pam farrell

warwickshire
Level Contributor
27 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

hi pam,

we have a house near playa flamenca and i have loads of little tourist maps out there with all the urbanizations on what date in sept are you going as we are out there till the 6th sept if its after that i will have a look and can post you on a map.

sue

northern ireland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

hi sue thanks for your reply we are going on 14th september i am staying at montilla 2 which is two minutes from playa flamenca commercial centre but my sister is staying at andalus 1 i think this is very near to mosquitos bar but im not sure how far we are apart as we will be meeting up every day. it would be great if you could find out if its not to much trouble.thanks a lot very much appreciated pam

West Bromwich
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Hola Yes there is a lot to choose from in the area there is four nice restaurnt/Bar in the area called LA FLORIDA ,the ABBY good food at the right price Fantatico beer garden if carlsburg did one this would be it ,oppisite the ABBY you have another great bar the woldamar good prices and the foods good nice corner spot to watch the world go by Next door is mosqitos this is also a good lively bar ,The torre bar very spanish food exalante

ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Playa flamenca bars/restuarants

Hi we are going to playa flamenca around the 20th june , my self my husband, and 3 sons 13,11,and5 , we are renting a villa betwen the "mercodana" and between vila park 1 and 2 , Im wondering if anybody has any advice on were to go and also what will the area be like in may thanks

Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja
More Torrevieja Topics