We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

North East England...
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi, anyone know of any good car hire places with good prices at alicante airport, looking for Summer 2010. Don't know about anyone else, but they really seem to have shot up in price. thanks

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

If next year is anything like this year was, there will be no such thing as reasonable cost car hire.

Because of the recession etc etc, none of the hire companies renewed their fleets this year, so in the busy periods, there was a shortage of hire cars, and prices were sky high. Some companies didn't even have any cars in the busiest periods.

You could try a broker like carjet, as they will come up with the cheapest price available from all of the companies.

This year, the only way to get a reasonable price for car hire, was to book as much in advance as possible. Once the comanies found they were getting short of cars, they put their prices right up.

Next year could well be the same.

North East England...
Level Contributor
356 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Thanks for the reply. We do usually book through carjet and the difference in price from what we paid this year, to what they want next year is huge. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet, go for a smaller car and just book it, because I think it could go up again. I do know if you book a Ryan Air flight, and book car hire through them it is alot cheaper. The only problem with this is that from looking at the website it seems you have to book Ryan air flights, which are more expensive than those I've found elsewhere.

Stockport, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

Hi

I booked with Econorent this year. They didnt want a deposit, Plus, no cancellation charges if you find a better deal.

http://wwww.hirecarsinspain.com

I booked with them in May 09 for sept 09. but in the mean time i found a better deal. I emailed them 3 days before i was due to fly and said I had a better deal. They emailed me back thankin me for letting them know.

Econorent also have a Full/Full policy! if you have hired before you will understand that. If not let me know.

I never intended to use them, but it was a good fall back in case i couldnt find anything cheaper!

I got the deal in May that wasn't the Sky High price that i would have been paying if Id left it to the last Min to book

Regards

Ged Manchester

4. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja
Recent Conversations