We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To hire or not to hire??

Which Torrevieja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
To hire or not to hire??

We will be staying at La Cinuelica, Los Altos Orihuela with my less mobile Mum. Could anyone advise if they feel car hire is necessary & does anyone know names of reliable firms etc whether from Alicante airport for the duration or to hire locally for a few days?? Thanks

Torrevieja
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To hire or not to hire??

You will definately need a car if staying near los altos as it is quite a walk to the beach or you will pay a fortune in taxi´s, depending on time of year you are coming it would probably be sensible to hire one from the airport especially if you are coming in high season! I don´t use hire cars as live out here but i am sure if you google alicante car hire some will come up!

Los Altos is on street view so you can check the area out before you arrive!

Edited: 25 June 2010, 15:49
Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To hire or not to hire??

I've used www.travelsupermarket.com a few times this year, and found them to be one of the cheapest for car hire.

Edited: 25 June 2010, 16:34
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To hire or not to hire??

Thanks so much for your help, we're arriving mid August! Hire prices seem to be very expensive but I feel we would prob benefit from one. I'll check out the street view - thanks for your help, it's good to have inside information!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To hire or not to hire??

Thanks for that I'll give it a look

5. Re: To hire or not to hire??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja
Recent Conversations