We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Which Torrevieja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Can anyone tell me why there is such a diffrence in the beaches and seaside promenades in Torrevijea. As far as I'm concerned, the beaches and promenades from south of the town (around Punta Prima) up to the end of the busy town centre area - with all the restauruants, ice cream parlours etc. - are really lovely - then - you suddenly turn a corner - near the "monuments" and "fountain" to the north of the town - and it all becomes graffiti, empty shops, uncared for beaches, the old white concrete beach seats looking as though they have been washed up from some wreckage, the balustrades along the promenade looking as though they have not been painted in years - I could go on - until, again you turn another corner (the sharp road junction) and get nearer to 222 restaurant when all becomes "nice" again. Is it a different council? Did the council run out of money? Why the huge difference in "attractiveness"?

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

any ideas or knowledge anyone?

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

From Torrelamata to Punta Prima it's the same council, so it beats me why.

South of Punta Prima and it becomes Orihuela council.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Yes - I thought it was the same - but can't understand it. do you agree with me?

Torrevieja
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

The promenade area around playa del cura/harbour area will eventually be renovated! They are moving the Fair to the Aqua Park area and also the Friday Market will be moved to that area! this should happen begining of next year! Think they will wait until these move and then get started making the area nice again!.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

That's interesting - thanks for the info. I'm guessing you agree with me as you say "make that area nice again". We just walked along there last weekend and found it so depressing after all the other lovely areas around the town itself and slightly further north and south.

How did you get that info? Is it generally known to residents? We are only there a couple of months a year - and that's out at Orihuela Costa - so don't hear so much about what's going on in town.

It'll be interesting if they move he fun fair and market!

Thanks for the reply.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

to keep in touch you should go and view the newspapers online such as Round Town News, The Leader, The Coastrider, Euro Weekley News, Costa Blanca News etc, I think all are available to read online.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Good idea - I never think about looking at those papers when I'm in the UK. Thanks.

Torrevieja
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

They have been talking about moving the Friday Markey for over 7 years! Are finally going to do it and should be done by begining of next year! As i live here get all the Freebie papers that are around, you can also get the Round Town News delivered into your in box every Friday!.

Some of the areas can do with tidying up they normally paint the benches and spruce the place up ready for the tourist season but did not do the benches this year! Hopefully they will sort out the grafitti around the monuments! and other areas soon!

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Thanks for that - glad I'm not the only one who thinks that part of town is not so good. Am asuming you mean your email inbox - not house post box - do you hvve the link or website?

Torrevieja
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: torrevieja beaches - why do they differ?

Sorry yes meant your e mail in box! The link is www.roundtownnews.co.uk also google coastrider and The Leader and you will get the links!.

Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja