We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

Northampton, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

Hi

We will be staying near Las Ramblas Golf Club late May/early June 2014 and although we've stayed there a few times I haven't managed to find any local "real" music.Not really interested in tourist-type entertainment i.e.karaoke, solo singers with backing tracks, nothing from the UK as we can do that here. Ideally just want to find a local bar/establishment that has good local musicians (preferably flamenco/classical guitar) off the beaten track.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Northampton, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

Sorry - should have also mentioned that we have a rental car and don't mind travelling a few miles

Thanks.

2. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 11:13
Edited: 07 May 2014, 11:13
3. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 11:23
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

Flamenco is not ;local' to the Costa Blanca - it comes from further south in Andalucía.

However, I have heard good reports of this show in the Torrevieja area - sorry, don' t know if it is anywhere near where you will be staying. http://www.flamencotorrevieja.com/

Northampton, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

HI Campolady

Thanks for replying. That looks good but ideally I was looking for something a bit more intimate, maybe in a small bar or club. As a guitarist myself I am interested in seeing some good local musicians playing something "Spanish", not necessarily flamenco, but I do enjoy this style of playing.

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

There is a gentleman who plays Spanish guitar on the path over looking the sea near Cabo Roig market on a Thursday. I know he advertises that he will play at parties etc, but he may have a spot in a bar he could tell you about. (I've also seen him near Playa Flamenca market on a Saturday too)

It's lovely to sit in the sun, with a beautiful view and have this as background music.

Northampton, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

Hi Rln72

Thanks for the advice. I haven't been to the Cabo Roig market (only the huge Playa Flamenca market!) so wasn't aware of this. I'l be sure to pop along and try to find him. That sounds really nice :-)

UK
Level Contributor
368 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

You're welcome!

I like Cabo Roig market, it's a much smaller version of PF, but with a choice of stalls, clothing, food, DIY etc. (and lovely freshly cooked churros!) we usually park at the rear of one of the large Chino stores, or one of the roads leading to the front, then walk towards the sea and walk on the promenade to the market.

9. Re: Live Music/Flamenco Guitar - Las Ramblas area ?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Torrevieja