We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

Which Villajoyosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

Everything I have read tells me ALSA run a bus from alicante airport to villajoyosa but when I try their website can find no information or timetable for any bus to villajoyosa. Arriving & departing on a Sundcanon June can anyone confirm bus times & price?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

Arriving & departing on a Sunday in June...

Germany
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

I suppose you have to change in downtown Alicante or in Benidorm

Have a look there : alicante-spain.com/alicante-airport-bus.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

I spent the summers of my childhood in La Vila, as the locals call Villajoyosa. I know the place quite well and I find easier, more confortable and reliable to use the local train that runs along the coast all the way to Denia. If you arrive to the airport, there is a local bus from the airport to Puerta del Mar, in the centre of Alicante, every 20 min till midnight.. Costs about 2.50 e. and the journey takes around half an hour. In Puerta del Mar, go down to the Tram station-it is underground- and take the train to Benidorm, L1. The journey to Villajoyosa takes around 45 min. If you are going to the town centre, don't get off at "La Vila Joiosa" . Wait to cross the bridge -look out for the cute view of the colorful houses on the right- and alight at the next stop, "Creueta". Easy. This train runs every half an hour, more or less, from early in the morning to around 10.30 pm,depending on where you are. In the summer months, the company runs an special sevice on thursdays, fridays and saturdays thoughout the night between Alicante and Campello-that area is full of residential states virtually in the middle of nowhere- and some trains going all the way to Benidorm-so they stop in La Vila-. This service is called "Tramnochador" . I am prety sure that you can buy the train tickets on board. And once you are in La Vila, do not forget to go to Chocolateria Valor for the most gorgeous chocolate! A visit to their factory and museum is a must!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

Thank you that is really useful information! I will defintely go to the chocolate factory!

London, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

I hope that you enjoy your time in La Vila! We were woken up this summer, in a couple of occasions, by the wind bringing the scent of the chocolate beans being toasted at the factory! How wonderful!

Ashby-de-la-Zouch...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

you are bettter to catch the monorail. Only takes 20 minutes. depending where you are staying you will l probably need a taxi in Villa. I cost us £60 each return from airport to Villa and return. Expensive!!

7. Re: Alicante airport to Villajoyosa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Villajoyosa
Recent Conversations
More Villajoyosa Topics