We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moors and Christian festival?

Which Villajoyosa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ga
Level Contributor
200 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Moors and Christian festival?

Is the festival on today? What is it like? Thinking of coming from benidorm for the day night. What's the best way to do this? Thanks!

London
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moors and Christian festival?

The festivities are still going on (until the 31st July). The part considered the highlight for the Vila Joiosa Festival (makes their Moors & Christians fiesta different to others) is the Desembarco which took place on Saturday night/well into Sunday morning. You probably would have missed that part anyway.

I've not been to these particular celebrations but that's because I try to avoid being in Alicante in late July or August. I love festivals and will make a point of being in Alicante for the Hogueras in June wherever possible. If I was staying in the region now I would have definitely have gone to Villa Joyosa (I call it Vila Joiosa because the locals are more likely to speak Valenciano than Castellano, Castellano is what people from outside of Spain call Spanish)

2. Re: Moors and Christian festival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Villajoyosa
Recent Conversations