We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 Sites?

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 Sites?

What must we see in Valencia? Where should we have lunch before we board the cruise ship?

Germany
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 Sites?

- historic center (cathedral, lonja, market hall ) have lunch there

- City of Arts and sciences , at least from outside

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 Sites?

Thank you!

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 3 Sites?

If you have a full day yes the historic center with lunch, after lunch City of Arts or the beach (which also has lots of places for lunch).

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 Sites?

Thank you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 Sites?

Best lunch: Parpadella next to plaza virgen. Best dinner: Santa Companya, ROTEROS by Torres Serrano. Greetz from the best bed and breakfast in Valencia : http://www.valenciamansion.com/

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 Sites?

I'm not sure if you still need this information or if you've already visited Valencia.

I guess that as a passenger on a cruise ship you'll only have limited time to visit the city and will want to make most of your time. If I were you, I would head for the historical city center to start with (cathedral, la lonja, central market, the old quarter "El Carmen", railway station and bullring). I'd have lunch in the historical center. Although I agree with one of the previous posters that restaurant Parpadella has great food, you have to know it's an Italian restaurant. If you want to get a real taste of Valencia instead of Italy, I'd recommend having tapas in one of the modest bars around the Central Market, for example, Boatella or el Bar Central. Or try a Valencian paella at restaurant La Uteliana in the city center, close to the Palace of the Marques de Dos Aguas. After lunch, I'd go to the City of Arts and Sciences. It is located slightly off the center and it's on your way in the direction of the port, so you can easily make it back on board of the ship from there. If you still have time after your visit to the City of Arts and Sciences, you could stroll the beach promenade next to the port and try a "horchata" (a local beverage made of tigernuts) in one of the icecream parlours on the promenade.

Enjoy!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 Sites?

Thank you. We will be coming from Madrid early in the morning and the ship does not sail until 8PM so we will have most of the day.

Preston

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 Sites?

Can you suggest what to do with our luggage?

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 3 Sites?

you can leave your luggage at the luggage storage in the Estació del Nord, Valencia's railway station located right in the city center.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 3 Sites?

If you are arriving to Valencia from Madrid via AVE, there is also a room to leave luggage in the Sorolla station (5 euro for a large suitcase sized locker).