We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Warrington
5 posts
Save Topic
FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Myself and a group of friends are looking at going to FIB festival 2012 - but we're a bit confused by all the advice that's out there. We'll be flying into Valencia (that much we have decided) - but we need advice on getting from the airport to the festival site, which campsite is best (we need our sleep), is it a nightmare getting the camping equipment there, when's best to get there...............so many questions. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

try www.eufest.com

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

A taxi from the airport will take you for 100€. Up to 4 people and 50 kgs. of luggage. Look at page 2 of the leafelt. Just bellow "tomatina":

taxco.es/images/web/articulos/avion.pdf

Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Hi

I have just enjoyed the FIB Festival 2011. I stayed in an apartment in Marina D'Or which is 16 kms from Benicassim. I flew into Alicante and hired a four door car for less than 14 pounds per day. The journey from Aiicante takes around 3 hours. If I had taken the coach, the cost of a return journey would have been 32 pounds and the cost of a four day coach pass to and from the Festival from Marina D'Or would have been 60 pounds - parking at the Festival is free. I used the car to get around the resort and to go to the beach and in total spent 100 pounds on petrol.

I would strongly advise against camping anywhere because the heat makes it impossible to sleep during the day. Average temperature during the day this year was 30 degrees and at night 24 degrees. The hours of the Festival are 17.30 - 05.30 so you won't sleep at night. If you share a flat with air con, it will probably cost between 120 - 150 for a week and it will be worth every penny! Don't stay in Benicassim - it gets absolutely rammed with people sleeping on the grass verges of the streets!

Marina D'Or is perfect with beautiful gardens and beaches. Castellon is an alternative but is industrialised inland and much further away - 30 kms.

Hope this is helpful. Get in touch with me to talk more on stevewaters17@gmail.com.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Alicante
Alicante
Costa Blanca, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Just got back from FIB 2011, drove down from London took around 20 hours each way, very expensive toll roads so would advise flying if you are prepared for the rip off prices Ryanair/easyjet charge for additional luggage. We stayed in the campFIB free site which is nearest too the festival area. Was very good and only a fee mins walk away, but you must get there early on the monday to insure a spot underneath the shaded areas. It does get unbelievably hot inside the tent past 8am and the music is on until 6.45 some mornings so can be very loud. There are some advantages of staying in town or outside festival area especially the benefit of not having the long walk back from town with 6lt bottles of drinking water and alcohol! Plus the benefits of a sink, warm showers and fridge are always welcoming! For the true festival vibe o would Definatly recommend camping though!Also be aware that drinks are not allowed to be brought into festival area and water us €2.50 each inside!! Hope this helps.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

I went to FIB 2011 too- & can't wait to go back next year!

My boyfriend and I drove from the UK in a van that he had put a bed, electrics etc. in; we paid another 85 euros for a campervan pitch, which is located next to CampFib; & defintely think it was worth the money. Some of our friends were staying in tents, and even though they were in the shade was boiling hot. They (along with a few hundred others) slept in one of the bar areas in the campsite on their lilos! We were reasonably comfortable with fans, but it was still really hot, and often were up by 10. A lot of people sleep on the beach, and on grass verges throughout the town.

There seemed to be a large amount of hotels, and apartments in the town, which looked good, I would consider this for next year, just to have a private shower, clean toilet etc. Although the showers at the campsite weren't that bad, just no privacy, and cold water (which was lovely in the heat!) And the toilets were cleaned daily, so you can usually find an ok one!

There is another campsite called Villacamp, which you can pay extra for 75 euros pp I think. This was further away from the main campsite, so quieter I assume, and had private shower cubicles. But I personally enjoyed Campfib, although I had a little more luxury- just take some earplugs, & a mini fan ;-)

Walking from the entrance to the festival site, to the campsite is a bit of a trek and blooming hot! Especially with all the water & alcohol you be probably need!

Some of our friends flew to Valencia, and got a train to Castellion, then a taxi from there to the festival site- which I don't think was too much bother. Travelling around Spain is pretty easy to be honest. Also the festival organise coaches from Valencia and Barcelona airports, not sure on the cost, but you can email them from the Fib website, and they do actually reply!

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Northampton
Level Contributor
88 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Were also thinking of going to Benicassim next year.

We have a campervan we camp in in the uk and northern europe but think it'll be too far to bring the camper - so we're going for a little bit of luxury!

Where is nicer to stay Castellon (industrial town?) or Orpesa?

We'll probably be making a weeks holiday out of it so would like a fairly nice hotel near a beach or with a pool - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Helen x

Manchester
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

Hi Helen

Orpesa is beautiful and near- not Castellon, which isn't and too far away from the Festival. There is a plentiful supply of recently built apartments - prices are hiked during FIB but if you have a group of 6 the cost isn't too bad.

Hope this helps.

Steve

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

anyone know of any villas with swimming pools? We are a group of 8 - 10 people ... mucho appreciated! Roll on next july ;)

9. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 November 2011, 13:35
10. Re: FIB Festival 2012 - help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 21:35