We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valencia for 6 days

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Valencia for 6 days

Hi,

I will be visiting Valencia with friends in late October for 6 days. Purpose of visit is to relax, drink, eat, party and have some sight seeing ( i am 38yrs old :)

I am tempted to rent a car and drive to some neighbouring cities for a few days since I have been told that in 2 days I can cover Valencia by day - then spend the nights in Valencia.

What do you suggest?

Thanks!

j

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,666 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valencia for 6 days

Sel099:

Towns worth seeing are Sagunto, Benidorm, and Peñiscola. There is a castle in Peñiscola that was used in the movie of El Cid that is quite beautiful.

Elche has its palm grove that is worth seeing.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Valencia for 6 days

There's quite a bit to do in the city of Valencia. Everything from the Cathedral, to shopping to exploring the sights along the Ayuntamiento, the old city's market and plenty of nightlife.

The drive outside of the city is lovely. Lots of Orange groves and vineyards, but not a whole lot to do outside of that (though the saying goes that you can find a more authentic paella outside of the city than inside).

Oh, and don't forget the beach! It's always worth a visit!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,179 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valencia for 6 days

If I had a rental car, I would drive to Alicante.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
27 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valencia for 6 days

Thanks for your tips! Will share the outcome of the itinerary once I get to do it :)

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
420 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valencia for 6 days

I have just spent 4 days in Valencia and wished I had stayed longer. On the first day I took the open top bus tours and went to the Bioparc, day 2 I walked round the old city and went in some museums and the cathedral, day 3 I went to the museums at the port and to the beach, day 4 I went to Albufera on the bus tour/boat trip and went to the Oceanographic. There are still more museums and gardens I want to go and see... can't wait to go back.

6. Re: Valencia for 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 23:19