We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two days to valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newport Beach...
4 posts
Save Topic
Two days to valencia

I will have two free days prior to a golf trip in Barca 7/6 and wanted to explore Valencia. Does anyone have any suggestions of smaller quaint beach towns along the way that would be worth stopping/staying in? Much appreciated.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two days to valencia

Hi there - I have a couple of questions for you: do you mean the place called Barca or are you abbreviating Barcelona? When you say you want to explore Valencia, do you mean the city or the wider Communidad Valenciana? If you could clarify, I can try to help.

Newport Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two days to valencia

thanks for taking time to answer. Yes i was abbreviating. I wish to explore valencia as well as possibly one or two more small towns on my way back to barcelona and was looking for suggestions. Thanks!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two days to valencia

Okay - well if you have two days you could spend them in Valencia itself and visit the town beach near the port or just south of the city at El Saler. Not really quaint beach towns though. If you really want to visit a beach town between Barcelona and Valencia you could break the journey at somewhere like Peñiscola (where El Cid starring Charlton Heston and Sofia Loren was filmed). It has a castle you can visit and small old town but is more built up along the back of the sandy beach. Or maybe Sitges, which is closer to Barcelona. It might be worthwhile posting on the Valencia Province forum to see if you get more suggestions.

4. Re: Two days to valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:17