We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VAlencia 48hr travel card

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
VAlencia 48hr travel card

Hello,

I will be visiting Valencia for 2 days in July with my boyfriend and was wondering if its worth to get the 48hr travel card that costs €20 each? we will be getting metro from/to the airport. I have no idea how much we would use the metro and thus €40 euros seems quite pricey for 2 days. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,Harriet

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
915 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VAlencia 48hr travel card

Hi Harriet - I think that until you have decided want you want to do during your trip it is difficult to know. However a single metro journey from the airport to the centre of town is EUR3.90 per person and I paid an extra EUR1 for the 're-chargeable' card (like an oystercard, but not registered online) at the time of the initial purchase from a ticket machine. You can buy one card ticket to share and load it with two single journeys into town for immediate use instead of each having a separate card; total cost EUR8.80.

If you are only going to be exploring the city centre then it probably isn't going to be worth buying the 48 hour tickets for the metro because the metro lines don't serve most of the parts of the city centre which will be of interest to tourists. Valencia is a small city compared with Barcelona and London and pretty compact. If, however, you decide to take the metro to the port area or further afield then it could be more cost effective. Once you have planned what you are going to do during your trip, you can use the Metrovalencia website to price the journeys and compare with the cost of a travelcard.

If you are only looking at making a limited number of journeys on public transport, you could consider sharing a 10 ticket Bonotransbordo which you can use for travel on buses and the metro in Zone A. That costs EUR9 so the total cost with return metro journeys to and from the airport would be less than EUR18.

There are plenty of options and different tickets available. If you look at a map of the city centre showing the location of the metro stops/stations in relation to what you want to see/visit, you may find that the bus would be a better option as there are many more bus routes - have a look on the EMT Valencia website for details. A ten journey Bonobus Plus costs EUR9 and you can make unlimited transfers between services within 1 hour of the first use. I think you can share one, but I'm not sure. You can buy EMT (bus) tickets from state licensed tobacconist shops, newspaper kiosks, etc. before you board the bus.

The metro is good and really convenient for getting to and from the airport, however the bus network offers more flexibility for getting around and is cheaper. Hope that helps.

Mentioned in this post
Valencia
Valencia
Province of Valencia, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
London
London
England, UK
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VAlencia 48hr travel card

Many thanks for your detailed response. Much appreciated and very helpful.

3. Re: VAlencia 48hr travel card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 07:17