We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunflower Valley?

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashton,MD
Level Contributor
3 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Sunflower Valley?

Does anyone know where the "sunflower valley" is? I find lots of pictures, but no directions.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunflower Valley?

Blackdoghill:

I just called two different tourist offices in Valencia and they have never heard of this place.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunflower Valley?

Here is a website that has the photo:

spainbuddy.com/photo-of-the-week-15-01-2013-…

I called the owner and she said she got the photo from a photo-sharing website. When I told her that the Valencia tourist office did not know anything about this valley, she said she thought the photo may come from Andalusia. I told here I have seen sunflower fields on the highway going to Jerez de la Frontera and she thought that may be the place. However the name of the valley may have been invented.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunflower Valley?

I think it's just a random sunflower plantation somewhere close to Valencia, but not the name of a valley or something like that. All searches I can find are heading to the same picture, that was named after "sunflower valley" for some reason. "Valle de los girasoles" would be the translation into Spanish, although there is nothing with that name in valencia.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunflower Valley?

myscreen:

When I called the tourist offices, I used the term "valle de los girasoles" and they said they do not plant sunflowers at all in Valencia.

Ashton,MD
Level Contributor
3 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunflower Valley?

BennyMalaga and MyScreen - Thanks for the information. Was starting to wonder if this was something like a lavender field in Provence, i.e., generic with a name tagged to it that was more about the person taking the picture than the location itself.

BennyMalaga: for what it's worth, my wife and I were in Malaga in June and just loved it. What an underrated city! We enjoyed wandering the streets, eating tapas, just soaking it all in. Also made a day trip to the beach at Los Alamos.

Hoping there are some good chiringuitos in Valencia or the nearby beach towns. Planning to head to Cullera and Sagunto. All I know is that a week goes by too quickly when one is in Spain.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunflower Valley?

Blackdoghill:

Yes, Malaga is the most underrated city in Spain. People usually just use our big airport and go to other places. I feel very lucky to live in it. The scale of our downtown is very livable and people are very kind to me, being a foreigner. They always go out of their way to please me.

7. Re: Sunflower Valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:16