We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

goldcar rentals at valencia airport=biggest crooks ever!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
goldcar rentals at valencia airport=biggest crooks ever!

hello,

i recommand you to never rent cars with GOLDCAR at valencia airport,they are the biggest crooks ever!although their fares look very attractive at first;once you arrive there(which by the way is not at the airport,you have to take a shuttle first) try to make you take the full insurance which brings your fee to a hundred more euros;my boyfriend and i refused it as we already have insurances include with visa premier so they asked us to leave a caution of 850 euros with the visa card saying it was the legal procedure...a week after we checked out and they signed the paper saying everything was ok..3days after whilst we were back to paris,they debited 150 euros without any notice of my boyfriend's credit card!just like that...i called and they pretended it was for the "cleaning of the inside of the car"!!!!and of course,there's nothing we can do as we are back in france ant that going through legal procedures would cost us much more...so the on;y thing i can do is just to warn you and advice you to never rent cars with them..

Playa Flamenca...
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: goldcar rentals at valencia airport=biggest crooks ever!

This company has been getting very bad reviews, there was even a T.V program in the U.K about their underhanded ways.

Contact Visa and dispute the payment of the €150 which they took after you returned the car.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: goldcar rentals at valencia airport=biggest crooks ever!

..i have even contacted rental.cars.com(the internet site we booked through) and they said they will start an investigation but i know it's going to take a long time and doubt they can really do something about it..thanks anywayfor the visa tip,we will try it..;)have a nice day

3. Re: goldcar rentals at valencia airport=biggest crooks ever!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 05:16