We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Fallas

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Las Fallas

Hi

I just want some general advice on Las Fallas, I've seen the main days this year are between March 15th until early morning of 20th, the hotel I stayed in last time is charging 4 times as much due to Las Fallas, so I've looked on AirBnB for an apartment, I found a nice one next to Plaza de Ayuntamiento but it's only available for Tues 18th and Weds 19th. Are those two days enough to experience Las Fallas, to see all the constructions, to enjoy the 2pm 'sound fireworks' and obviously see the fires on the last evening?

Currently I'm considering going to Barcelona for the weekend before then onto Valencia, but can change that if you think more time is needed to enjoy Las Fallas.

Thanks in advance

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Fallas

Travelbug:

I think two days is enough. Bring earplugs because it can get very noisy. The Plaza del Ayuntamiento is downtown.

madrid
Level Contributor
428 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Fallas

yes, it's ok tow days to see some of the main fallas and events, you can see the most important firework display 'nit del foc' on th enight from 18 to 19,

see or hear two mascletas, days 18 and 19 and some street mascletas that take place from 15 to 19 but mainly on day 19. Also the final burning on the night of day 19.

more information on my site about fallas

www.fotosfallas.com

3. Re: Las Fallas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 12:38
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Fallas

Reported Amazing Valencia - for self promotion

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Fallas

TravelbugMike1 - Valencia is packed during Fallas and there is lots to see and do. Be aware that if you stay in Plaza del Ayuntamiento it will be extremely noisy - marching bands playing en route to the square in front of the Basilica for the Ofrenda de Flores, mascleta at 2pm, thousands of people, more fireworks, etc. You won't get much sleep!

If you haven't done so already, have a look here valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-information/l…

The Nit de Foc fireworks are the best I have ever seen. Get there early for a good vantage point.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 11:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Fallas

two days are SO NOT enough to get the most out of Fallas,

you need at least to be there from the 16th when the processions of flowers start until the 20th so you can see the Nit de Foc fireworks (on the 18th) and La Crema on the 19th...

madrid
Level Contributor
428 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Fallas

two days better than nothing, you can visit some of the main fallas and see at least one mascleta and one fireworks show, plus the crema,

prices are much lower for tuesday and wednesday as it's only holyday in valencia this year, so, many people from outside stay only the weekend and monday if they ask for a day off in their works. Except for the weekend, prices are lower than in previous years where day 19 was on weekend or holiday in many other parts of spain. So expcet not to be soooo crowded.

Evora, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Fallas

Hello, where is the best place to see the fireworks display "Nic de Foc" ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Fallas

Hi,

The absolute best place is go to the end of C/ La Pau (Calle La Paz) and you will cross the street, then a small park and in front of you is a large apartment building.

Cross the main road so you are standing in front of the big white apartment building.

Turn left so the apartment building is on your right, and proceed to the first on the right right, which is a small side street (called 'Carrer de Ximénez de Sandoval') that leads onto Passeig de la Ciutadella.

Go down that small street, then turn right onto Passeig de la Ciutadella and then you will see other people waiting.

I have seen Las Fallas 10 times in the last 15 years, and ALWAYS stand there, with the bridge (Pont de l'Exposició) that looks like an eye in front and to the left.

Be warned, you need to get there AT LEAST TWO HOURS before the scheduled start at 1.30 AM, as if you go too late, there will be too many people and you will miss out. Also, there are fireworks every night from the 15th, and this is always the best place to stand, but check the scheduled start time with the Tourist office (usually midnight or 1AM)

Also, during the Offrenda Des Fleures processions it is difficult to get onto Carrer La Pau (Calle La Paz) so be prepared for delays of up to 20 minutes just waiting to cross the street.

Also, I recommend you stay in the

Home Youth hostel

C/ Lonja nº4

Valencia

Tel.: +34 963 916 229

This is right in the centre of the Old Town close to the big market and next to the old Silk Exchange (La Lonja), with a great atmosphere, secure, friendly, clean and with a good guest kitchen so you can avoid eating out 3 times per day.

Makes sure you go to the Mascletà fireworks in Pl. Mayor every day at 2PM, but again, GET THERE BEFORE 1PM, and stand in the shade of the buildings so you can look up and see the fireworks without the sun in your eyes - trust me on this, you've never seen or heard anything so crazy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Fallas

sorry, I meant Plaza del Ayuntamiento for the daily Mascleta at 2PM, this is also where the final burning takes place at around 1.30 AM on the night of La Crema (19th March)

Get answers to your questions about Valencia