We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alecante airport to Valencia

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Topic
Alecante airport to Valencia

Family 3adults wanting to get to Valencia from Alecante airport, arrive May 1st return May 5th. Flights not yet booked yet.

Regards

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,501 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

Bus www.alsa.es

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

thanks will look into that

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

Alternatively you can get the train from the centre of Alicante - it's a lot quicker. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

Cheers thanks will also look at this option

Liverpool, United...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

Hi I make this trip at least once a year to visit my Son. Its an easy trip, so long as you plan it carefully making sure you allow for a little extra time.

First step is the bus from the Airport, up on street level and turn right, download a timetable from

MYgranalicat.com

It costs €3 each for a single trip and takes about half an hour and I find the drivers are always helpful, try and have the right change. Get off at the main train station the stop is opposite the entrance. Download a Renfe time table from

http://www.renfe.com

The site is easy to use and tickets are pre-bookable, if you book early there are discounts. I have never done this journey by coach as I like the trains and I have looked into getting the coach but they don't run late, so it depends if you are on an Easyjet or Ranair flight?

My train return journey cost €29 Alicante/Alacant -Valencia-Estacio Del Nord.

If you are travelling as a family with children the train is a better option, after being on a flight it would be good to stretch the legs and there is usually a buffet car and the usual facilities.

hope this is helpful :-)

Edited: 16 February 2014, 17:47
Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

Thanks very much for your detailed information. Decided to take a cab as we don't get to Alicante until late and it looks like hassle. Will be doing the journey at a later date also so your info will be put to good use. Again thanks.

Edited: 17 February 2014, 11:45
7. Re: Alecante airport to Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19