We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Time in Valencia

Washington Dc
2 posts
Save Topic
Short Time in Valencia

We have a stop in Valencia on a train from the Costa Del Sol to Barcelona in April. I can set the trains so that we have about 6 hours to spend in Valencia. Is there anything that is worth doing or seeing in Valencia with such a short amount of time or would you recommend just getting to Barcelona faster (we have 5 more days in Barcelona but cant change our plans to stay a night in Valencia. I had read that we can store our luggage in the airport while in Valencia. The travel book we are using doesn't have a section on Valencia so any suggestions would appreciated. Thanks!

Valencia
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Time in Valencia

I definitely think it's worth your while stopping off. You could get to the City of Arts and Sciences and also have a look around the city centre and old town in six hours.

There is a left luggage facility at Valencia train station I believe.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Time in Valencia

Valencia is definitely worth a visit. There is nowhere to store luggage at the airport as far as I am aware, but

you can store your luggage at the main railway stations for a few euros.

Left luggage at Estacion del Norte (the older, more central station) is on the right hand side of the station as you face the platforms with the main entrance behind you. The security guard will make you put your bags through the xray machine. You will need exact change (coins only as I recall) for the lockers, but you can share a locker - you don't need one per piece of luggage.

From there it is a few minutes walk to Plaza del Ayuntamiento and you can walk to the central market, visit La Lonja and the basilica and cathedral as they are all pretty close together. Climb the Miguelete for views across the city.

I believe there is also left luggage at Valencia Joaquin Sorolla station. I have read on TA that you need to show tickets for travel from JS station in order to use the left luggage facility there, so it's a slightly different set up.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 17:15
3. Re: Short Time in Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Valencia
Recent Conversations