We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

bedfordshire
3 posts
Save Topic
Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

does anyone know if the valencia tourist card includes travel from valencia to the motogp circuit?

Free Tour Valencia
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Tours in Valencia Play &Xperience
Food Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Valtournative
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Valencia Explorers
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

According to the website, although it covers the metro (tram) and the EMT bus services these will only get you part way there from the city centre. It's a different bus company that serves the area near the circuit. You can get the metro as far as Sant Isidre station to switch to the Renfe Cercanias train service though.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

Hi!

As San Isidre metro station is in Zone A one of the T1, T2, T3 cards would be a cheaper option.

For example, a T2 ticket is €6.70 (plus €1 for your card) whereas a 48 hour tourist card is €20 (€18 if purchased online). As Grecofan2 said, the Tourist Card does not cover travel out to the circuit.

The T2 ticket is valid in zone A only; it doesn't cover the trip from the airport into the city, but that's only €3.90.

The circuit is in Zone 3 of the RENFE Cercanías Valencia network, so a ticket from San Isidre to the circuit is €2.60 one way, €4.10 day return. The schedule shows trains leave roughly every half-hour and journey time is about 25 minutes.

The RENFE station at San Isidre is only less than 5 minutes walk from the Metro station.

Colin

Edited: 08 May 2014, 17:46
bedfordshire
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

Thanks very much for the information. I'm trying to work out the cheapest way to travel to the circuit from the city over the motogp weekend in November. I've got a 3 day pass for myself and partner so will be going the circuit each day. I also need to get from the airport to the hotel and back.

Where would I get a T2 ticket?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

At a ticket machine at any metro station - you can change the language to English if you can't read the instructions in Spanish. Have a look at the Metrovalencia website for more information.

www.metrovalencia.es/page.php?idioma=_en

Be aware that the T2 ticket is valid for 48 hours from the time you validate it, i.e. from the time you pass through the barriers to take the metro.

Depending on what other journeys you are planning on making you can weigh up whether this is the right ticket for you, for example, are you planning on taking the metro from the airport to the city centre, will you make a trip out to the port/beach area?

The Valencia Tourist Card may still be worth buying if you are thinking of making use of the various discounts, etc.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

Personally I would not take this card. Museums are free on sundays and never more than 2 or 3 euro, everything is walkable in the old center, and a metro trolley to the beach is like 2 euro, a taxi 13 from downtown. Enjoy! Dany @ Valencia Bed and Breakfast : Valencia Mindfulness Retreat.

6. Re: Valencia Tourist Card 24, 48 or 72 hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17