We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting family in Valencia

Which Valencia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting family in Valencia

Hi any help would be great, my friend and I are visiting my friends family for a few days in Valencia. Then the rest of the week we are looking for a more tourist holiday resort. Considering staying in Valencia/ Alicante/Benidorm. We're both mid 20's more interested in a busy holiday resort with nice bars and restaurants. We're not familiar with these areas any help would be great!

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

Hi!

Valencia has great beaches, but I don't know anything about the night life. If you want nice bars and restaurants, Valencia's got what you need.

Benidorm - what can I say? Blackpool in the Sun. Plenty of bars and "eateries", but I would hesitate to describe most of them as "nice" - there's even a chippy!

If you want a lively resort with plenty to do in the evening then Benidorm is for you.

Colin

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
815 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

Hi hayley - other places to consider, which are closer to Valencia are: Gandia, Cullera and Oliva. Much smaller and more laid back than Benidorm, which wouldn't be my cup of tea, and very easily accessible by train, with the exception of Oliva - easier with a hire car. You will find more Spaniards in these places. Also worth a look is Denia, there are a good number of villa rentals there outside the town centre too. Alicante has an old town and a wide promenade - worth a visit. All these places have good sandy beaches too.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
215 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

Your best best is Hotel Las Arenas, which is Valencia´s best resort on the beach. It´s expensive though... Have fun!

Dany

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

Thanks everyone. Choose Benidorm for 3 nights just hope it isn't as rough as ive heard

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

Hayley:

I have been to Benidorm twice and liked it.

6. Re: Visiting family in Valencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 06:17