We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

I am traveling to Valencia by train arriving at Valencia Nord Station. I am staying at the Expo Hotel which is next to The Nuevo Centro Shopping Complex. I have stayed at the Expo before I know that I would be able to get the Metro to the Hotel. I am travelling on my own this time and would find the Metro Steps difficult with luggage. I was considering getting a taxi from the train station to the hotel. Can anyone give an idea how much a taxi would cost. Or with a case with wheels how long would it take me to walk to the hotel.

Thanks

Valencia
Level Contributor
20 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

I haven't done this exact walk, but I'd estimate maybe 30 minutes with case on wheels.

Taxi from Station, again not exactly sure - but based on others fares I've been charged in the city, maybe around €12

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,508 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

nomad:

The distance is only 3 km. My estimate for a taxi is about 7 euros.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

Hi there - I couldn't remember myself, but I've just a look on the Metrovalencia website and there are escalators and lifts and Xativa and Angel Guimera metro stations and a lift at Turia so having a suitcase with you shouldn't be an issue.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
281 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

I agree with Benny: it shouldn´t cost you more than 6 or 7 euros, if you´re travelling before 10pm, that is.

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

Thanks for your replies. Yes I arrive at Valencia Station just after 5.00pm, so 6 or 7 euros isn't too bad. When I leave to get the train home it is 3.00pm, so both before 10pm. Taxi it is. I am a bit wary of the Metro with luggage, looking like a tourist. Without the luggage I dress so as not to look like a tourist.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

I wouldn't worry about looking like a tourist with luggage on the metro - it's a major public transport link with the airport for locals and visitors alike.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

If you want to be sure for taxi-drivers not driving some extra miles - this has happened to our Bed and Breakfast guests before - an easy solution would be to say CON RECIBO POR FAVOR. For example, a taxi ride from the airport to our Bed and Breakfast in the historical center by Plaza Virgen should be around 20 euro, but we have had some guests with a 35 euro charge. To make sure this does not happen, ask for a written receipt, and you will be sure there are no detours... Have fun and warm wishes, Dany @ Bed and Breakfast Valencia Mindfulness Retreat . More handy tips? Check out the ´Valencia´ button on our website : http://www.valenciamindfulnessretreat.org .

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

The answer to the price of a taxi was 4 euros 65 cents. There is a minimum charge of 4 euros. This is displayed in the window of the taxi, The meter was on with 4 euros displayed when I got in. During the night time the minimum charge is 6 euros. The driver did not take a detour, because I knew where the hotel was. I walked in to the Old Centre of Valencia in a morning, then late afternoon walk to the Station and get a taxi back to the hotel, it was nearly always the same price.

london
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

Thank you for your report back nomad577, We will be in Valencia later this month and your post is of value to us.

Well done you!

los alcazares
Level Contributor
498 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of Taxi from train station Nord to Nuevo Centro

I forgot to mention if you walk to the Estacion de Nord Train Station, from Nuevo Centro, it does take about 30 minutes. It took me longer because there are a few shops along the way, selling ladies clothes, so I stopped a few times looking in the shops. Thanks everyone for your help.