We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

mumbai
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

Dear Fellow TA's,

we stayed in Valencia 50 flats for 5 days in May 2014. At the airport we took a TAXI from the rank to go to our apartment. However the taxi driver cheated us. First he pre set the meter to 23 Euros and secondly he charged us extra 15 euros for the bags. He showed us some rule stuck on the roof of the car for baggage. when we inquired with our hotel staff they confirmed that there's no such rule and that we were cheated. The normal cab fare is approx EUR 15 to Espinosa 13.

we felt cheated and upset. However the rest of the trip was fine and none of the taxi drivers were dishonest

Please beware and cross check before paying if you suspect something wrong

Best

sunshiine

1. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 00:06
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

Similar thing happen to us. With the only difference that I know about the taxi rates and didn't pay the cab driver.

As soon as we got on the cab the driver preset the price on 12.5 euros. I noticed it, and told the driver what is this? He pretended not to understand and said something in Spanish. At the end he showed us the meter and asked for 34 euros. I quickly got of the taxi and took my baggage and my wife gave him 20 euros.

He started shouting and said something about police. I said, fine call the police and asked my wife to go inside the hotel to call the police. In 5 seconds he was gone.

Be careful, the entry rate for cabs in Valencia is 4 euros. Never let them pre-set it more than that.

Edited: 16 September 2014, 19:50
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

Friends:

Here is a suggestion. When you enter the taxi tell the driver that you will need a receipt. Most business travelers nowadays ask for it. This will keep the driver honest because he will know that he can easily be traced by the authorities with the receipt and he could lose his license.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

And presumably stick to the official taxis? We've never had a problem in Spain or Italy.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

What is the official taxi service in Valencia. We need to travel from airport to Westin hotel. Any suggestions? Please advise.

Castellon de la...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

The official taxi is the rank in front of the arrivals level. Now haven a flat rate of 20 eur for the central area, where the westin is.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

Thanks Fadri!

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

Hi!

Must have changed - we were there in July and were charged €14 from Plaza de la Reina to the airport, three passengers, about 2.30 pm.

The set day rate is €4 for first 2.25Km and €1.13 per Km above 2.25. The set night rate is €6 for first 3.45Km and €1.16 per Km above 3.45. Traffic surcharge can be 5% for light traffic and 10% for heavy traffic.

Colin

Castellon de la...
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

taxival.org/tarifas-de-conselleria-para-el-a…

/The flat rate is only from airport to city, 20 eur, except for the seafront, 23 eur. Throught the city and to the airport works the taximeter. The minimum are 4 eur during the day and 6 at night. No supplement for baggage are added in any case.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Alert at Valencia Airport !

My husband and I caught a taxi today from the McDonalds near Hotel Vincci Lys to the Joaquin Sorolla train station. The journey from the train station to the hotel yesterday cost 5.85 euro (on the meter). I noticed while we were driving today that the driver had set the meter to tariff 5 which was automatically 12 euro. When I asked him about this when we arrived at the train station and said I thought it should be tariff 1 he told me that it was like the airport and there was a minimum charge (although I could not see this anywhere on the sticker showing the tariffs and have never heard of this in relation to a train station). I don't believe him but didn't want to spend ages arguing so just paid the 12 euro but it did sour my otherwise fantastic trip to Valencia.