We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment rental nr Metro

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment rental nr Metro

We are coming in Nov for the Moto GP.

Thinking of perhaps renting an apartment for a week instead of having a hotel.

Any recommendations for an apartment nr a metro station either 1 bed or a stuido would be fine.

Thanks x

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

Hi!

I've tried to find good value accommodation, a little farther out from the centre.

These are not recommendations, but I found:

4 nights, Thur to Mon £133: www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/313040…

4 nights, Thu to Mon £133 very close to Metro line 4 (tram) with direct connection to line 1 (the lijne for San Isidre): www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/297083…

4 nights Thu to Mon £114: not too far from Metro; on a bus route: www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/208108…

4 nights Thu to Mon £68: on bus routes; not near Metro: www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/338698…

Some places have no availability for your weekend.

Colin

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

Thank you very much for your trouble, I have sent an enquirey to one of them, we do need 7 nights and it seems to be available

Trouble is you do hear horror stories on here about bogus rentals so so fingers crossed.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

I wouldn't limit myself to proximity to a metro station tbh - I understand your reasons, but Valencia is pretty compact and I'd rather be near/in the city centre for the evenings. Also, worth checking whether there is heating of some sort in any accommodation you are looking at: it can be cold in November, especially at night.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

Thanks for the tips Grecofan2 I will look into heating. We are not evening people really and we do want to be able to access the Moto GP circuit easliy.

One of the reasons we want an apt over a hotel is so we can eat early in the evenings, we like to eat about 6ish and it was a nightmare in Barcelona ( well just outside not in the centre) to find places to eat at that time,

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

I think a lot of modern aircon units can be switched to heat.

If you are going to be cooking for yourselves, it is worth checking proximity to local shops, supermarkets and markets (bearing in mind markets usually close mid afternoon). The main supermarket chains in the area are Mercadona and Consum and El Corte Ingles (two branches - one on calle Colon and one at the Nuevo Centro) has a supermarket floor. El Corte Ingles is more expensive, but does have a good range of goods. Google maps is handy for this kind of thing.

6. Re: Apartment rental nr Metro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Valencia
Recent Conversations