We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Dubai
Level Contributor
308 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Hi Everyone!

As they say, it's never too late to plan your holiday. Hence, i just want to ask if we better move by train going to Granada (Al Hambra) from Valencia or by plane? Dates by January 2015.

If by train, how much approximately is the fee for 1-way tix?

Thank you in Advance

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,733 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Pia:

For train transportation:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

You need 2 days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

Dubai
Level Contributor
308 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Hi Benny!

I am aware of the Renfe tix purchase as I went to Madrid some time 2011. However I am asking the best possible means to reach Granada from Valencia? by train though 12 hours journey is worth it?

Or we go back to Barcelona and take the plane to Malaga?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

It is an awkward journey I agree by train.

If you perhaps consider taking the fast AVE train heading to Seville but stopping at Cordoba? That Valencia to Cordoba journey takes 3 hours and leaves Valencia at 08.15

There is a lot to see in Cordoba in case you have not visited ?

Then continue on to Granada by way of a train or the bus ?

Just an idea. Bus times on www.alsa.es

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

If you study the airline timetables perhaps flying from Valencia to Seville or Malaga could be best?

From Malaga airport there are some dedicated buses running to Granada or else you take the short journey into the transport hub where the Maria Zambrano train station is and the main bus station then catch a regular ALSA bus from there.

Or if Seville you can head to the main rail station Santa Justa and take one of the excellent not so frequent Media Distancia trains taking 3 hours. Or go to the Plaza de Armas bus station and use the bus again about 3 hours.

Of course you have an excellent fast train service to Madrid from Valencia. But that would mean connecting to either an Altaria direct Madrid-Granada train (twice a day) which goes through Cordoba or changing twice.

Dubai
Level Contributor
308 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

oh! I didn't know about the fast train. We would love to try the train though. Cordoba is also part of our list to visit in Andalucia. This is helpful. Thanks Cadiz!

Dubai
Level Contributor
308 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Cadiz, how can I book for the AVE train? also on the Renfe site? Haven't tried the fast train though.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

Yes Cordoba is a good stopping off point as easy to move from train station to the centre or Cathedral/Mezquita. The ticketing can be done through a local agent if there is one - I do not know where you are based. Or on line using RENFE. The latter is normally easy and cheapest but some people get problems either because of the payment situation but now Renfe allow payment using PayPal which is also an option. Or becasue they find the web site process difficult.

I like buying tickets using Renfe because I can see if there is a special priced train called Promo or Promo+ so can potentially save.

If you find it tricky to use the online booking process perhaps the additional notes could be of help:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Edited: 18 August 2014, 10:13
Dubai
Level Contributor
308 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

so I could also buy the AVE tix at the Renfe site? What is the name of the train though? Or what should i select? Is it named AVE?

Sorry there are lots of choices on the list that's why im confused.

Thanks again Cadiz.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,578 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

As you are not planning to travel until end of year I would wait until you see all choices about 60 days ahead of time. And read the notes as mentioned in previous message which also mentions this.

10. Re: From Valencia to Granada , Malaga and last is Seville - how?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 06:16