We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fallas 2015 Accommodations

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Fallas 2015 Accommodations

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with accommodations in Valencia during the Fallas Festival. In regard to accommodations and depending upon public transportation and walking, what part of Valencia should I be looking at for accommodations? I look forward to your suggestions!

Thank you!

CaperJR

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

CaperJR:

You need to reserve a hotel several months in advance because thousands of tourists go to Valencia for this event. I suggest you look for hotels near the Plaza del Ayuntamiento, which is downtown.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

Hi there - I would also suggest the city centre, but be aware that the area immediately around Plaza del Ayuntamiento is incredibly noisy: marching bands playing music from early morning, the mascleta at 14.00, very, very busy with people and noise into the night. Somewhere within easy walking distance, but perhaps a little quieter might actually be preferable. Or take good earplugs with you! ;-)

London, England
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

I would be looking at booking my accommodation now for next year. Have a look on melia.com. They have a price guarantee on their website and are one of the largest Spanish hotel chains.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

Thank you for the suggestions. My friend and I want to experience the event so we won't mind the noise if that comes with it! :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
864 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

You say that now Caper.....! As a student living in Valencia, I do remember being woken by the Mascleta (at 2pm) after a long night of partying. We lived on Gran Via Germanias - that's how loud the Mascleta is.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

Try to stay in the historical center, the parades pass in our street, but we do not have the tents with the drunk people... Have fun! Dany @ VMR B&B

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

Haha! We think we can manage the noise for the short term. Our room is 'sound proofed' afterall! ;-)

8. Re: Fallas 2015 Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 07:16