We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windjet flights

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
120 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Windjet flights

we want fly from Rome FCO to Catania and return. Windjet is one of the carriers and it offers the best price. Does anyone have any experience with this carrier?

I read three reviews, two of which said it was very bad.

What about Air One? They are more expensive. Any experience with this carrier?

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
322 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Windjet flights

I haven't flown on either but I know Air One is associated with Lufthansa and isn't necessarily considered a "budget" airline, for what that's worth. What did the reviews say, specifically? Were there safety issues or other concerns? I read a lot of complaints about the budget airlines but as long as the airplanes are safe.... Rome to Catania is a really short flight. And I guess it depends on your preferences. I've flown low-cost airlines in Europe and certain things don't bother me so much -- yes, maybe the seats don't recline on your plane but when the flight is only an hour long, does that really matter? Maybe there's no snack service but...ditto. And normally those flights don't have large carry-on compartments. But that's probably going to be the case whether you fly Air One or Windjet. As long as the safety record is good, I would book based on convenience and price.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
120 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Windjet flights

Thanks for the information. The reviews that I read indicated long delays in flights. But Windjet does have the best prices by far and they have better schedules. You are correct that Air One is not a discount airline.

3. Re: Windjet flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 10:32