We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence hotel

Vancouver, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florence hotel

We’re staying 5 nights in Florence and would like a mid-range hotel close to the Duomo or the Academia area. Any suggestions would be helpful. We’re a couple and want the convenience of staying central.

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
60 Reviews
from US$373.50*
US$533.60
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,136 Reviews
from US$73.70*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,130 Reviews
from US$58.20*
6 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence hotel

"Mid range" is very vague. How many euros do you want to spend per night?

London
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence hotel

You could enter your, dates, budget, location and requirements into Booking.com. Hundreds of hotels will come up, read the reviews and whittle them down.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence hotel

www.aviewoncities.com/maps/florence.htm

Central Florence is easy to walk, for instance, it's 10 minute or so walk from Firenze S.M. Novella train station to the Duomo.

Using the filters on booking.com you can find lodging. The star system is different in Italy, i.e. a star for having an elevator and/or 24 hr reception -- read the reviews! (which can not be posted until a stay is completed). I've stayed in some quite nice 2 star accommodations and some so so 4 star ones.

Vancouver, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence hotel

Up to 260 euros approx. I’m hoping I can get a recommendation from someone who has actually stayed at a hotel and really liked it.

Vancouver, Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence hotel

Thanks for the response. Could you please give me the names of the nice 2 star hotels you've stayed at? That would help us make a decision.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,499 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence hotel

Although I've visited Florence many times, I've only stayed in one hotel. It's family run and operated, on a pedestrianized street, short walk to the train station.

http://www.hotel-nuovaitalia.com/

Reply to: Florence hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted