We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 days,what to pack?

pgh,pa
Level Contributor
179 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
12 days,what to pack?

We are going to Rome, Florence and Venice in early June. I have read a lot and I agree with the minimal packing suggestions. My family is beginning to revolt. I told them I would find out what to pack so we each have one carry on each. Please help me so my family will continue to talk to me.

Fairmount City...
Level Contributor
234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 days,what to pack?

What a fun trip, the key is to pack just the right amount and that means planning on your part. for (1-2 weeks) holiday we travel with one carry on for each person no matter what continent we go to.

it's especially helpful in case you almost miss your flight, those with carry on luggage will get on as opposed to those with checked luggage. some tips:

no flip flops or sneakers (R,V,F are sophisticated international cosmopolitan cities )

shorts and sleeveless shirts are unacceptable and frowned for churches (showing disrespect)

try to coordinate 2 color pieces, black and white, blue and white, you can mix and match pieces without bringing the whole closet.

bring a light cotton sweater, scarf, good walking shoes for climbing the steps and walking the coblestones. for things like soap toothpaste etc you can buy it there although they may not have 100 flavors of toothpaste.

some items like undies you can wash so you don't have to bring 14 pieces of undergarments.

one last item, I brought with me an empty fcompact makeup mirror case for viewing architectural ceiling details so I didn't have to strain my neck or carry a binocular.(just a suggestion)

lay out your clothes and edit it until you're satisfied, it takes some practice but eventually you'll be a pro at it. remember, travel light because it's about the journey and your family's experiences, not the baggage. ciao.

2. Re: 12 days,what to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:22