We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do beaches close in Italy in September

WEST YORKS
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Do beaches close in Italy in September

Please end an arguement (heated debate!!) I am having with my husband. He wants us to go to Italy about the 9th September this year for about 10 days - he thinks the weather will still be really warm and the beaches less crowded.

I have heard that at the end of August the Italians close their swimming pools and many of the beaches start bringing in their sun beds and closing down facilities like beach bar restaurants etc.

Can anyone help me - obviously I would love to go to Italy again but not if no atmosphere - my plan is California for a drive from San Franscisco to Los Angeles whilst the dollar/pound is in our favour.

Many thanks and NO - no divorce, just constructive help to make us decide.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Do beaches close in Italy in September

September whether is still nice and less crowded and for the first 2 weeks of the month I wouldnt see any prob for you.

Even if beach facilities (called "bagni") are closed, you can always go to the free spots available, bring your own stuff and enjoy the less crowded Italian beaches.

2. Re: Do beaches close in Italy in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 15:18