We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palermo airport by train to Cefalu

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Palermo airport by train to Cefalu

Our daughter is flying into Palermo, Sicily, from Rome tomorrow night and wants to then catch the train to Cefalu. Her plane gets into Palermo about 6pm. It looks like the last train from Palermo to Cefalu departs at 8:45pm. Does anyone know the best way to get from the Palermo airport to the Palermo train station to catch the train to Cefalu?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palermo airport by train to Cefalu

palermo airport has a station - just a metro station though. i think they call the service from palermo centrale to the airport (which is called "punta raisi" by the way - that's what the timetables tend to say) the "trinacria express" or something. it costs 4 euros 50. there's a 6.40 and a 7.40 (arriving 7.25 and 8.25). she should be able to get one of those. when i was there the metro was very reliable and she shouldn't have a problem getting the 8.45 to cefalu even if she misses the 6.40 train from the airport. i would suggest she buys her ticket from palermo to cefalu in advance, though, so she doesn't have to worry about it in palermo if she's not got much time (she can do this from the ticket machines in rome)