We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Monte Cassino Cemetary

west yorkshire uk
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Monte Cassino Cemetary

I would like to see my Grandad's grave who is buried in 03040 Cassino-Caire, Italy.

If I got a cheap flight to Rome does anyone know if there are buses/coach trips/trains to the actual cemetary?

Rome
Level Contributor
120 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Monte Cassino Cemetary

Hi maxine99, perhaps the link below can be helpful. There are actually several war cemeteries close to Cassino, because as you may know one of the most terrible bombings in WWII was that of Cassino and the Montecassino Abbey. If your granddad was English, he is likely to be buried in the English memorial cemetery, which is close to Cassino. See the link below:

www.cassino2000.com/sezioni.php…

There are trains leaving from Rome Termini (central station) to Cassino several times a day. I think it can be arranged quite easily. Then from the Cassino railway station you can get by taxi to the Cemetery; sorry but I do not know whether bus service is also available.

Good luck to you.

2. Re: Rome to Monte Cassino Cemetary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:16