We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooms for 4?

NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
rooms for 4?

Just starting to plan a trip to Italy and traveling with my older children, any hotels that would accomodate 4 per room?

thanks,

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,951 reviews
from US$76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$411.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,814 reviews
from US$123.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,692 reviews
from US$112.20*
Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rooms for 4?

Well you don't say WHERE you are travelling to so impossible to recommend any certain properties.

Plenty available for 4 but don't necessarily expect it as we do in the US - 2 larger beds for two people each. Could be a double and two twins - could be 4 twins. You never know. Ask if it matters to you.

Two best booking websites are:

www.venere.com

www.cityby.com (*Enter the name of the city followed by "by.com" - as in Florenceby.com or Milanby.com)

LL

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
86 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooms for 4?

Other good sites are: vacationrentals.com

rentalinrome.com

( in here you can add Venice and Florence...even castles in Rome vicinity.

ladolcevitarentals.com

bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

You can also try Bed and Breakfast searches.............I always have to look for places for 4... it is more comfortable and cheaper than 2 rooms............Good Luck

NJ
Level Contributor
87 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooms for 4?

thanks LL, I'm not sure yet about destinations, it's my first time so my guess is that there will be plenty to experience no matter where we go. I was wondering whether it was worth it ($$) to investigate 4 in a room or whether that may be too limiting of a search.

I poke around at the sites that you mentioned and see what's available.

regards,

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooms for 4?

Feeble -

I would search for BOTH rooms accommodating 4 and rooms for 2. Unlike in the US where there is one price for a room with two double beds, regardless of how many people occupy it...in Italy you will be charged PER PERSON. Because of this sometimes it simply is more or equally economical to get two rooms for 4 people. You should check both rates when doing your search.

Also if you limit your search to rooms only for 4, you may miss out on available listings for excellent hotels with good rates that can only accommodate 2 per room.

In places like Venice where lodging is exorbitantly expensive, it might make sense to share. In other places where you can find more reasonably priced accommodation like Florence, maybe it's a good idea to spread out more and get 2 rooms.

The sites I listed will give you some ideas in any case.

When you've narrowed down your city choices, do use the TA review section to get some ideas as to what is recommended in those cities. Or post another question pertaining to the specific cities if you need more help.

Buona fortuna! LL

5. Re: rooms for 4?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 00:17