We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
405 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

We plan to rent a Prius in Florence, and want to find out if the GPS is standard on the Prius in Europe.

If not, we plan to bring our own GPS, but will need to purchase an Italy SD card for it.

United States
Level Contributor
9,570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

Did you check with the rental company? They should list what comes with the car.

You don't see many hybrid cars in Italy but the taxi I had in Parma was a Prius.

TAB

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,182 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

I've never seen a hybrid in a rental pool in Europe. I just scanned AutoEurope for Italy and didn't see any. If you're concerned about mileage, you'll generally find MUCH better mileage on European cars than in the USA. I've also never found GPS to be standard. I always bring my own.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,987 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

The good thing about hybrid cars is that they are admitted into most restricted areas in city centers, as they are emission-free. As for GPS, the only way to find out is ask the rental co.!

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
405 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

The rental company that I am looking at is Hertz. They offer a Prius in Florence. When I called Hertz, the lady that I talked with couldn't be certain about the GPS.

5. Re: Has anyone rented a Toyota Prius in Italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 13:16