We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel Rome to Florence

Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel Rome to Florence

Four of us want to travel from Roma to Florence early May. Where is the best place to purchase tickets - the Station or an agent? We do not speak Italian at all!!

danielle

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,142 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train travel Rome to Florence

Hi

I have only taken the train from Milan to Venice. We just bought the tickets at the train station and there were even machines where we could buy the tickets. Have you taken a look at www.trenitalia.it?

I have trip reports with pictures from Rome and Florence that I can share with you if you are interested. Send me a mail on gardkarlsen@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you :-)

Regards

Gard

United States
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train travel Rome to Florence

You can buy the tickets easily at the station from the english enabled machines. If you go a day or two before, you might be able to get the discount Amica fare.

TAB

3. Re: Train travel Rome to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 02:18