We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palio Festival in Siena 16th August

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
The Palio Festival in Siena 16th August

Anyone know where I can get tickets to watch the Palio from a balcony, I have heard they are expensive but how much is expensive?

Thanks in advance

Pauline

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
22,948 reviews
from US$76.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
528 reviews
from US$411.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,814 reviews
from US$123.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,690 reviews
from US$112.10*
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,788 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Palio Festival in Siena 16th August

Tickets are available in advance from various bars and cafes around the Piazza del Campo where the Palio is held. However they are in short supply and are usually sold out well before the event. If you are arriving in Siena only a few days before the Palio you may have to be content with trying to push into the crowds standing in the Campo rather than have the considerable luxury of a balcony seat.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Palio Festival in Siena 16th August

Thanks Robert,

Do you have any idea of the sort of price the tickets would cost? Also do you think I could arrange for my hotel to pick up a couple of tickets for me?

Pauline

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Palio Festival in Siena 16th August

They're pretty expensive - anywhere between 300 and 600 Euros, depending on where the balcony is i.e. in the shade or in the sun etc. The best places are almost certain to have gone by now, but good luck anyway. I've been to the Palio many times and my advice is that if you can't get a seat overlooking the Campo, simply enjoy the rest of the day - there's so much happening by way of ceremonies, parades etc - then watch the 90 seconds that the race lasts on a TV in a hotel. Afterwards, join the crowds and have a great meal outside. Alternatively - if you have plenty of stamina - stand in the crowds in the Campo, but it can get very hot indeed and you'll need to get there fairly early. Whatever you decide you'll enjoy it - the atmosphere is electric, and the enthusiasm unsurpassed.