We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

Not Top Tours. Anyone been on a tour with Tauck Tours? Anyone familiar with them? Are they any good?

Trenino Pippo
Sightseeing Tours
Genova Turgid
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Dafne
Sightseeing Tours
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

Yes, I went on Tauck Tours in Europe when I first began travelling, and my parents have used them in the US. They are a higher-end tour company, typically using the best and most well-located hotels in each town. Most meals are included, typically in the best restaurant in your hotel (which, since it's one of the town's best hotel's, is usually pretty good), or they'll take you to particularly atmospheric or scenic restaurants. Unlike many tour companies, most tours and excursions are included in the price - you don't have all the extra expenses you do with some companies. The size of your tour group is generally limited, so you don't spend all day waiting for 45 people to get on and off the bus.

Tauck is particularly good for people who want to be well taken care of on a trip - shown the prime attractions, transported in comfort to and from hotels and restaurants, and experiencing the best hotels. Like most tours, they are not as good for those who want to do a lot of exploring on their own.

Maupintour is a comparable tour company to Tauck - you might consider them as well.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

I checked your prior post, and see you are looking for a tour for your parents, in their 60s. On both the Tauck and Maupintours I took, most people were senior citizens, in their 60s, 70s, and even 80s, so they would fit in well with those groups. (I was usually the youngest by about 30 years.)

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

Tauck Tours is excellent. A little slower paced than the "lower end" tours, nice hotels in good locations and considered to be one of the better tour companies. You cannot go wrong!

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

How is Maupintours different or better than Tauck? We have always taken Tauck but this time we are considering Maupintours for the first time, with their Independent Tours. I see the same hotels and almost identical itineraries, and naturally will base our impressions on those we formed about Tauck.

We are looking at their Chile, Argentina and Brazil tour. Thank

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
8,603 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

Both tour companies are in the sane league. I would take the tour that contains more of what you want, dates taht work better and particular destinations. You cannot go wrong with ither.

6. Re: Oops...it's TAUCK Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2010, 06:17