We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiat 500 Rental?

LA
1 post
Save Topic
Fiat 500 Rental?

I was looking for a place that rents Fiat 500s out of Milan? Anyone know of any?

Thanks,

Bryan

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,576 Reviews
from US$74.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,980 Reviews
from US$108.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
542 Reviews
from US$395.80*
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,926 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

I don't think you want to be driving a Fiat 500 in Milan. Or any other kind of car, for that matter.

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

New or old? Most of the major hire car companies offer the new ones but someone told me they're classed in one of the higher categories so you pay a premium for them.

Sacramento
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

We are also looking into renting a Fiat 500, but in a different region of Italy. I found a link to Europcar, which has Milan locations and offers the newer Fiat 500's for weekend rental at 29 Euro/day:

…europcar.co.uk/specialoffers/holiday-discou…

Also, the following company rents vintage Fiat 500's, and also offers guided Fiat 500 tours... in and around Florence, though, not Milan:

http://www.500touringclub.com/default.aspx

The vintage rentals are probably pretty pricey, if the tour prices are any indication. But, the cars look amazing, the company has stellar ratings on tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=fiat+500+florence+tour&geo=&returnTo=__2F__&hid=&verbose=&hur=&ssrc=r

plus... how awesome would it be to have one of those for a weekend in Italy?! Good luck, and please post if you end up finding a great deal on new/vintage 500 rentals.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Irvine1
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

I have followed the link; it apparently requires you to have Great Britain as your country of residence and they will not guarantee that you will receive a Fiat 500. I also called Europcar in GB and was told the same thing. Any ideas?

Sacramento
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

Irvine1 - Thanks for the update. I'm still looking! If you find any promising rental places, please let us know.

Irvine1
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

I found one; it's a group out of Florence that

actually organizes tours with the old Fiat 500's. I e-mailed them and they said they would rent me a new one, automatic, with air, but it's 250 Euros a day, which is a lot for a small economy car. The website is www.500touringclub.com. I will let oyu know if I find any other ones.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Sacramento
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

Thanks, irvine1. That is the same company I linked, above. They look very reputable, but as you mentioned, the rental rates are a bit steep...I might pay that for a vintage 500, but not a new one! ;)

bolton
Level Contributor
77 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

Any look on finding an old Fiat 500? I am getting married on Lake Como this year and wanted this car to be my wedding car. It would only be required a small drive from Bellagio to the Town Hall not far at all, any idea on prices?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

Avis hire the new Fiat 500. Select your dates, times and pick up location etc. You'll then get a list of options of the vehicles available. Look for the tabs immediately above the top of the list. You're looking for the one that says 'Avis Prestige' - usually on the right. The Fiat 500 should come up as a 'fun' option. However, I'm not sure that they will guarantee that they will have the model absolutely - best telephone beforehand to confirm.

SM

10. Re: Fiat 500 Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 07:18