We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe Trip Questions

Canada
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Topic
Europe Trip Questions

Hey everyone. I am heading to Europe in June with my wife. going to 5 cities. have some general questions for each city.

1) Is this enough days for each city to do the touristy stuff but not be too rushed?

2) what part of town is a good place to stay which is central to everything?

3) what is around a good price for hotel a night for each city?

Here is my tentative travel schedule

Fly out of Vancouver, arrive in Amsterdam on June 6

Fly out of Amsterdam to Barcelona on June 9

Fly out of Barcelona to Rome on June 15

Fly out of Rome to Paris on June 18

Train from Paris to London on June 24

Fly out of London to Vancouver on June 30

Any other thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe Trip Questions

Sounds like too much flying and in and out to me.

dl
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Europe Trip Questions

i agree -- way too time will be spent in airports and flying around. I would imagine u will be jetlagged upon arrival in AMS so I would add days to allow for that. 3 or 4 days in Rome will really be rushed. They are all great cities, but maybe finding cities that are close to each other that u can reach by train would be more enjoyable.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Europe Trip Questions

I find the 6 days in Barcelona a bit excessive considering it will take you max 2 days to visit it, but maybe you want to do some seaside relax too, so I won't question it. Also 5 days in London is really a lot to me, 3 days is enough to see it all. On the other hand 2 full days in Rome is not a lot and, since you post in the Italian forum, I'd also say that you should also consider Venice for a day or two (not seeing Venice is a pity). As for locations and prices I guess you should enter each city's forums to have a better idea.

Ciao

Claudio

4. Re: Europe Trip Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 16:21