We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Open Jaw Ticket

Virginia
9 posts
Save Topic
Open Jaw Ticket

Can someone please explain to me how to book an open jaw ticket with United frequent flyer mileage? I think we want to fly into Rome and leave from Venice.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Open Jaw Ticket

Hi,

As far as I know, Delta is the only airline that you can fly direct from Venice to the the USA. With United, you would have to fly via a European hub with a Star Alliance partner.

You can either:

1. Book One way tickets USA/Rome & Venice/USA online. However, I am not sure whether this will cost you more points than booking a return ticket.

2. Use their call centre to see about the open jaw tickets and points costs.

Cheers

Mutiny

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Open Jaw Ticket

Just ask the United reservation agent that you want to fly into one city and out of another (the unflown miles must be less than any of the flown miles). If they do not fly back from your return city, ask them to check with their partner airlines for space.

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Open Jaw Ticket

As a matter of fact, I recently flew (using USAir points) to Barcelona on Lufthansa (from DC) and returned from Milan on United. No extra charge. Make sure they check with their partners!

Have a good trip!

4. Re: Open Jaw Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2010, 07:16