We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

Groningen
9 posts
Save Topic
Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

Hello,

Are there any budget hotel chains in Italy?

I know now there are not any formule1 or etap hotels in Italy but I would like to stay in such a kind of hotel.

Maybe a bit unpersonal but some money saved is also nice

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Appia Antica Resort
Appia Antica Resort
#1 of 1,271 hotels in Rome
Hotel Villa Steno
Hotel Villa Steno
#1 of 20 hotels in Monterosso al Mare
Hotel David
Hotel David
#1 of 414 hotels in Florence
Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

Italy doesn't have many chain hotels of any type compared to other countries. Most of the inexpensive hotels are small family-owned hotels.

The chain hotels I've seen in Italy have mostly been near autostrada exits. I've seen some in the Holiday Inn categories, for instance, but I don't think that's one of the low-cost chains. You will probably find private hotels even cheaper in most instances.

Will you be driving?

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

If staying for 4 days or more in any one place look into apartments....this is the way to go if more than 3 of you.

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

There are lots of hotel chains operating in Italy among them:

AC, Accor (Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, All seasons), Atahotels, Best Western, Choice (Comfort, Quality, Clarion), Class Hotel, IHG (Crowne Plaza, Holiday INN), Movenpick, NH, Starhotels, UNA, etc. As you can see they're mostly in the upper categories. Ibis is generally known as a cheaper category hotel though.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Starhotels Tuscany
Starhotels Tuscany
829 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

There are a couple of popular chains that might be worth a look...

The former nationwide chain of "Jolly Hotels" was bought out a few years back, and now forms part of the NH-Hotels group:

www.nh-hotels.com

Their Italian list is here:

www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/italy.html…

Aurum Hotels - who mainly concentrate on family holiday hotels and villages - also have some in cities, and frequently offer real bargain prices out of season.

www.aurumhotel.it

Their hotel list is here: http://www.aurumhotel.it/en/hotel_villaggi/

Peter

5. Re: Any budget hotel chains in Italy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 05:18