We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maps?

Alaska
Level Contributor
819 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Maps?

I am looking for compact, lightweight, durable maps that I can easily carry and take out without unfolding to poster size. I would love to have a booklet of maps, but if thats not possible I am looking for maps of:

Genoa (mostly staglieno and downtown area)

Venice

Florence (mostly just the area around uffizi, accademia, and the train station)

Rome

Naples (area between capodimonte and palazzo reale is most important)

Sorrento

Capri

United States
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maps?

I like the Streetwise series. For your cities they have Rome, Florence, Venice, and Naples.

www.amazon.com/s/qid=1266552424/ref=sr_pg_1…

TAB

Edited: 19 February 2010, 04:09
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maps?

Try looking at www.mapsworldwide.com

The problem is that any map with enough detail to be useful is going to have to be quite large.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,997 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maps?

Touring Club Italiano, the leading Italian mapmaker (among other things) has booklets of maps for some cities of your interest (but not all) -- look them up (and order if you like them) at www.touringclub.com/store/ricerca.aspx…

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maps?

I like the Rough Guides maps. I have one for Venice and just ordered the new one for Florence/Siena on Amazon.com. I fold it to the area I'm exploring that day.

5. Re: Maps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2010, 05:18