We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing Train Tickets

Houston
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing Train Tickets

I am trying to locate a company in the U.S. that I can purchase my train tickets. A friend used them last year, lost the name. They are located in Los Angeles, Ca, Has anyone used the company or know the name of the company. Any info would be appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,495 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing Train Tickets

If you buy Italian train tickets in the USA, you will pay well above the prices in Italy. There is no need at all to buy way in advance: wait until you get to Italy and then buy at the prices that Italians pay.

Edited: 22 April 2010, 12:23
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing Train Tickets

Hi love to teach

There is a travel agency in LA that will sell you Trenitalia tickets, but you will have to pay a fee, I have read up $25 or more. (that's almost 19 euro!)

But if you have your heart set on buying them here's the info

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

However, as Nick said no need to buy in advance. I would look at the Trenitalia site to get an idea of how much the train travel will be for your specific needs.

Houston
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing Train Tickets

Thank you for the response and advice.

4. Re: Purchasing Train Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 09:03