We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

I am helping a friend with her trip to Italy this summer. I have been twice and ran into the complication of purchasing tkts in advance from tren italia. Someone on this forum gave the name of a company in Los Angeles and a male contact at the company. the company took my reservation, purchased the train tkts, overnighted the tkts to me and we were set. it was THE BEST way to do this. The BEST thing is they did not charge ANY service charge at all!!!!

I have lost the name of this company and cannot find it anywhere. Can someone here post the info again???

Thanks!!!!

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,067 reviews
from US$76.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from US$415.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,852 reviews
from US$124.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,734 reviews
from US$113.20*
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

Here is the list from Trenitalia ticket brokers in US

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

however, can buy tickets in Italy very easily. Buying in US means extra fees. Just my 2 cents

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

Check the fares shown on the Trenitalia site against the fares being asked by any agent in the US. I think you will find that you pay quite a bit more to get the tickets in the US, and this expense is quite unnecessary. Buy the tickets in Italy.

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

actually i purchased them this way last spring for our summer trip to italy and was not charged a surcharge at all, just the fee to fedex the ticket to me. i used my fedex account. it was the easiest thing in the world!

I believe the gentleman's name at the company in los angeles was Franco.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,215 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

Danman:

Did you compare the ticket price from this company against the actual Trenitalia ticket price?

Texas
Level Contributor
51 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

Yes, I did. I traveled to Italy as part of a grant to study for a week in Florence although I was gone for 21 days. The ticket price was exactly what I could get online based on the current euro/dollar conversion rate. I used Discover Italy in Los Angeles (213-627-9396). I even remember the gentleman at the office correcting me regarding my request on our trip to Venice that I had selected the station just before you get to Venice and not the final stop on that line. I was online at the TrenItalia website while we were talking and did the euro conversion while we talked. He quoted me a price and the price I calculated was within $1 US of that. I asked, just to make sure that they did NOT charge a surcharge of any kind, and he confirmed. The tickets arrived within 3 days. It is the only way to do it to assure piece of mind and make sure you have your reserved, 1st class seat, etc. There were 3 of us traveling together and we had no problem at all. My colleague at work received the same grant this year and is on her way to Italy. I wanted to find the info again to give to her. I highly, highly recommend buying tickets before hand although it is easy to purchase them there (i.e. short jaunts to Pisa, Parma, etc), but there was always a line at every turn. We never waited. The same with museum tickets. We bought online directly through the museum and avoided the huge charge that doubles the tkt price, never waited in line and walked in immediately to all the museums in Italy and the Anne Frank Haus in Amsterdam.

6. Re: tren italia tickets in advance - los angeles company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2010, 05:16