We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Italian itinerary, would this work ?

23rd Sept - Arrive Milan at 4pm and will go straight to accomodation. Hopefully do something in the evening. how safe is it at night for two females?

24th Sept - Milan? Today or 23rd Get to Cinque Terre.

25th Sept - Cinque Terre

26th Sept - Cinque Terre

27th Sept - Milan

28th Sept - Milan - Pendulum

29th Sept - Milan/Florence

30th Sept - Florence

1st Oct - Florence/Rome, leave Florence this day to Rome.

2nd Oct - Rome - Coloseum, Forum and Trevi Fountain.

3rd Oct - Rome - day trip to Pompeii

4th Oct - Rome, see some of the sites or something.

5th Oct - Rather relaxed day in Rome as heading out at 6.45 pm so will need to be at the airport earlier on too.

These are my exact travel dates. I am really keen to see pendulum, they play Rome on the 28th and Milan on the 29th.

I think the 29th would be less back and foward ? Any help would be amazing. I don't know how long trains take. I am still finding working that part out very confusing. I also would love to see an Inter game, I believe the draw comes out on the 28th July so will wait till then but what's the best way for me to buy a ticket since I live in New Zealand ?

Thanks so much :]

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,968 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Italian train schedule you can find at www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

To find the train times for Cinque Terre enter the name of the village

ie: Monterosso

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Would we want to stay in one of the 5 parts of Cinque and then during the day take a train and walk through the others ? If so which part is the nicest scenery and things wise to stay in ?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Hi Emmaa

Regarding your query about Inter tickets - here is their website in English http://www.inter.it/aas/hp?L=en

apparently you can only buy tickets online one week prior to the game.

My husband and son went to games earlier this year and also last year and simply turned up at the San Siro stadium and bought them without problems.

I think that if seeing Inter play is at the top of your wish list then you probably need to work your itinerary around that and Pendulum. Personally I would be inclined to spend less time in Milan and more in Rome, but that's my opinion. Bear in mind that every time you travel to a different city you will "lose" the best part of that day in transit and finding/checking into your hotel.

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Okay, do you know how much roughly they paid for tickets? I don't want to have the best seat it's more the atmosphere I think would be unreal.

I know the draw comes out in a couple of days so I can't plan too much untill I get that.

Yeah most people have said more Rome than Milan i'm just unsure on a diff way to do the plan without too much back n foward and fitting it all in.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Hubby paid around 17 euros for a ticket which he said was the cheapest. Apparently they moved into other seats after the game started as there were better seats not being occupied.

He needed to use his ID card to get into the stadium, so you should probably take your passport with you if you don't have an ID card (obtainable by European citizens).

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, that's really kind of you :)

The Serie A Fixture has come out now and it looks as though unless I want to go well out of my way I would be missing out on inter. I can fit in a AS Roma vs Napoli game which would be great anyway. This will be on the 3rd of October and possibly by this point my friend i'm travelling with could be off to Germany.

My plan was to be doing a day trip from Rome to Pompeii on this day. Would it maybe be a better idea that I go from Rome and spend a day in Naples go to the game as it's at 1pm and then the next day do a pompeii trip? Of even do a few hours in the morning at Pompeii come back see the game and the next day go back to pompeii ? I hear a day trip is pushing it anyway.

Thanks again, Emma. :]]]

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Oh and one other thing I forgot to ask is, if I am in Naples alone and travelling am I going to be safe? I'm glad the game is 1pm and I wont be having to leave a stadium of drunk people at like 10pm but yeah just in general am I going to be targeted more or ? thank you

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

I doubt you would be "leaving a stadium full of drunk people" at all in Italy. From the best of my knowledge that simply is not their style in Italy. You might find that in NZ, Oz or the UK but I think its highly unlikely in Italy.

I haven't been to Naples for almost nine years. I didn't ever feel my safety was comprised when I was there. Honestly I think it is like any other big city .... follow the usual safety precautions. Wear your bag across your body so there is less chance of someone trying to grab it and be aware of your surroundings. At night time make sure you stay in areas where there are plenty of people about and are well lit. And check out the Naples forum on TA where you will get more info.

Christchurch, New...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Oh okay I thought seeing as it was soccer it would be like that but good to know :D

Thanks a bunch, I'm so excited to go :D! !

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italian itinerary, would this work ?

Have a great time!