We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road To Italy Tours

Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Road To Italy Tours

We are close to booking a trip with Road To Italy tours. Has anyone used them recently? How was the service,and how was the quality of the private tour guides?

Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road To Italy Tours

I did a 13 day tour through them this July. It was very, very nice -- mainly because they take care of everything and you don't waste time (or end up frustrated) with logistics or planning. For example, we landed in the Venice airport and they had someone meet us at the gate, walk to (and ride with) us in a reserved boat to Venice proper, through the grand canal, through smaller canals until we pulled right up to our hotel (stepped off the boat into the hotel lobby). The one time we took mass transit (a train), they had someone meet us at the hotel and take us to our specific train (they go in the train with us to make sure we were situated okay). The rest of the trip we had personal drivers and/or tour guides. For most every tour we were able to bypass all lines and walk right in (museums, sites, churches - even The Vatican) because the tour guides had personal contacts to work with at the sites. Everything was arranged (except for some of the lunches and dinners, which we handled on our own). The overall package probably would seem expensive but it is a "wow" experience -- I wouldn't have done Italy (my first time) any other way. It's pricey but well worth it. (I'm likely going to use their services again for Spain, Germany and Egypt -- just wished they did all of Europe too).

st. Louis
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road To Italy Tours

We have been back home now for two weeks after spending two weeks in Italy on a Road to Italy tour. We went to Venic, Rome and Sorrento. We were a family of four, my two children ages 18 and 20 and my husband and I. We enjoyed the private walking and driving tours, the transfers and the wonder hotel suites. Road to Italy takes care of everthing if you ask them to. All the transfers from the airport to hotels, hotels to trains and planes, etc. Our trip went to smoothly. We never had to think or worry about how to get around. The tour guides even made wonderful suggestions for dinner and lunch

We did a gourp tour of London and Paris two years ago and hated it. This was the most wonderful, relaxed vacation we have ever taken. We do not know how we are going to top this trip.

Bur we plan on using Road to Travel for a trip to Greece.

I would recommend them to any and everyone.

Level Contributor
107 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road To Italy Tours

Thanks!

4. Re: Road To Italy Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2011, 05:17