We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

Austin, Texas
14 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

Exploring Tuscany to elope. Just the two of us-second marriage. Would love suggestions on where and how. We would love to avoid a "wedding planner". Are there any villas, agriturismos or a venue where we can arrange directly and they would take care of the details? WE would just need an officiant, a photographer, a beautiful setting, a romantic dinner and LOVE (but we will bring that) And what about the legalities- civil VS symbolic. Does this Atto Notorio really cost $500 Euros and what are the pros- cons?

Please share your experiences or advise. Ciao!

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

Where do you wish to stay? have you picked a town, do you want a base, move from place to place, and for how long. Some details along those lines would help narrow down the great variety of possibilities.

While I know little about the ins and outs of marrying in Italy, I do know the value of a good Inn keeper or in country host. We are staying for two weeks on the Tuscan/Umbrian border in September close enough to do day trips to most of Tuscany or Umbria. (www.anticavetreria.net/) One of the reasons we are staying there is because Colleen the owner is from Seattle and not only speaks English, she understands Americans and Italians and will help with everything. You may wish to check out the website. Good luck and congratulations.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 06:23
Austin, Texas
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

We are thinking Greve (Chianti) because we stayed there 3 years ago. But we are open. I will check out the website you suggested. Are you flying into Florence? Renting a car? Thanks for your suggestion

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

We are flying into Milan because of better availability of flights and prices and then taking a train to Florence for a five day stay, then the train to Chuisi near Piegaro where we will be staying, and rent a car in Chuisi for two weeks and return it there and take the train back to Mllan for the flight home.Having a car anywhere near Florence is not encouraged, especially downtown. Hope this helps.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

My daughter was married in Siena and it could not have been better or a more romantic wedding. The ceremony in the Palazzo Publico, overlooking the Campo was an excellent location.

My daughter walked through the streets in her wedding gown from the hotel to the ceremony and was given quite a reception from everyone in the street, Even the metro bus driver who rarely pay pedestrians any mind, stoped his bus and waved her on.

The ceremony is in Italian and you get this really great looking marrige certificate.

What you might not want to hear is, we did use a wedding planner, he arranged the photographer and translated the ceremony. I believe that is a law that you either speak italian or have someome who does so you understand what is going on.

He also met them in Florence to do the legal paperwork.

Austin, Texas
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

Thanks. So a wedding planner seems the way to go. Do you have the name of the one your daughter used? would you recommend him/her? Was the paperwork done in Florence?

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
764 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

I can recommend Boutique Events http://www.boutiqueevents.it They are very helpful and have a number of different options for small boutique events. Have fun!

7. Re: Wedding in Tuscany, fall 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2012, 05:20