We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compulsory train reservations

Brisbane
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Compulsory train reservations

Six of us will be travelling from Rome Airport to Florence, having lunch and a quick tour of the city, then travelling on to Venice on 8 May (a Sunday). We have purchased Saver Railpasses (for better or worse) and so require train reservations. We will be arriving at about 6 am and hope to get to Florence at around 10 am and leave for Venice around 2 pm.

I am wondering if we need to reserve our seats before we leave home and thus have to lock into a particular train departure or whether we could leave the seat reservations til we get to the rail station at the airport or even Termini.

I am, of course, concerned that there will be no seats available and we have to sit at Termini.

I would appreciate any advice.

AllanWW

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,983 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compulsory train reservations

Don't get your seat reservations in advance, as you do not know whether your plane will be delayed. You will be able to get your reservations from FCO to Florence at the train station at FCO. There are two or more trains each hour from Rome to Florence: there is no possibility that they will be sold out.

2. Re: Compulsory train reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:15